CEO for Stress monitoring and Resilience training start-up (IMEC/DynaMORE) - venture opportunity
The DynaMORE Horizon 2020 EU consortium and IMEC have developed technology for stress monitoring and resilience strengthening of employees. They have solid academic knowledge, patented methods and algorithms and proof-of-concepts for additional software modules. To further develop and commercialize this technology, imec and DynaMORE are exploring the creation of a new spin-off company. For this venture-backed start-up, we are looking for an entrepreneurial CEO with a background in medical devices and or SaaS sector.
You will be the co-founder of the spin-off, teaming up with the technical co-founders and being in charge of the business strategy and execution.
- Define and execute the company strategy towards the successful development and commercialization of a SaaS platform enabling users to monitor their stress and to build up their resilience.
- Leverage your broad network in healthcare provider communities and companies to translate the customers’ needs into product specifications that drive the development roadmap. Identify new business opportunities and develop strategic partnerships if required.
- Work in close co-operation with the technical team to build and execute the product development roadmap by a.o. defining the business model and the go-to-market strategy and ensuring alignment of short-term and long-term objectives; oversee all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission.
- Close deals with the first paying customers and or partners.
- Identify and attract key resources to build a high-performing and committed team and ensure the full engagement of the team for company success.
- Assembling an advisory board with the key opinion leaders in the fields relevant for the business.
- Develop an exciting yet realistic business plan, raise the necessary funds and manage the P&L of the company.
- Build trust relations with customers, key partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for important shareholders.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the markets and industry of the company and use it to help the company evolve, pivot and grow.
Required knowledge and skills
- You are an enthusiastic entrepreneurial CEO or business lead with proven experience in building a new SaaS platform in a young market, preferably in a start-up context.
- You have an academic degree in software development, data science, psychology or engineering.
- You possess outstanding organizational and leadership skills with proven experience in driving a talented team to reach its targets within the set timing and available budget.
- You have experience with fundraising (from venture capitalists and or grants).
- You are an excellent communicator and have strong public speaking skills. You can articulate the company strategy into a comprehensible storyline for non-experts.
- You have had international exposure and experience in working with customers and partners in different geographies.
Duration of the assignment and work regime
- Depending on the availability the assignment can be 1 month (fulltime working regime) or 3 months (part-time working regime).
- The assignment can be extended depending on the maturity of the venture.
Desired start date
- As soon as possible, taking into account the availability of the selected candidate
- imec, Leuven.
- Working remote is possible, within the team agreements.
*For this temporary position, you can apply as a candidate or as an independent consultant. As a candidate, you are willing to work through a temporary employment agency. Consultant agencies that wish to present a candidate should contact Flexforce.
*Voor deze tijdelijke positie kan je solliciteren als kandidaat of als zelfstandige consultant. Als kandidaat ben je bereid te werken via een uitzendkantoor. Kantoren die een kandidaat wensen voor te stellen dienen contact op te nemen met Flexforce.