Chief System Architect
Would you like to become part of a start-up that is getting investors excited? Do you want to apply your know-how on working on a cutting-edge ultra-sound system, which combines advanced chip solutions and algorithms to enable a large area, wearable and flexible ultrasound patch? Would you like to become one of the first experts to join our team, with all the benefits in stock options and growth potential this brings? Look no further and apply with us today!
CarpatchIOT (working name) is a young start-up and a spin-off of imec and K.U.Leuven, two leading institutes in Leuven focused on advanced semi-conductor technologies and cutting edge medical imaging applications. CarpatchIOT is supported by Venture Capitalists, with the aim to develop a novel ultra-sound monitor for emergency settings in hospitals.
CarpatchIOT is located in Leuven, a dynamic and vibrant city at the heart Belgium, close to Brussels. Its historical center is flanked by a landmark building in late gothic style. Leuven is home to a very diverse and lively international community, due to its outstanding top ranked university, KU Leuven. It has a strong presence of high-tech companies & start-ups and hosts imec, one of the world’s leading independent research organization in semiconductor technology. People in Leuven are easy going and converse fluently in English, be it on the workplace, in daily encounters or in stores.
Why chose us? We offer:
- An attractive and competitive salary according to local standards
- Stock options in an exciting young start-up
- Excellent growth opportunities and a key role in the venture
What you will do
As the Chief System Architect you will have a key role in the venture, helping us to design, develop and characterize the system for our novel ultra-sound solution. In your role you will help us to define the system architecture through system level models and by interacting with the teams working on other aspects of the system (such as the ultrasound transducer chip and the software algorithms). You will help define the specifications for the circuit boards, spec’ing its components and implement the control & signal processing algorithms on an FPGA. Furthermore, you will define the characterization flow for evaluating the system & circuits.
You are responsible for:
- System level design, modelling, simulation and testing
- Spec’ing system components
- Develop, design and characterize test boards/circuits and define the characterization flow
- FPGA programming and implementation of signal processing algorithms
Who you are
lThe ideal candidate should have experience in developing ultrasound or similar systems.
- You have obtained a Ms.Sc. or PhD. degree with 5+ years of experience.
- Know-how of system level languages such as matlab and/or python are a must.
- We are looking for your skills in FPGA programming: (verilog/vhdl), which are a bonus.
- You are familiar with signal processing algorithms and their implementation.
- Your experience with link budget calculation and beamforming systems is a plus.
- You like taking initiative, you are persuasive and assertive, while keeping a constructive attitude and you are committed to achieve results fast but in a reliable way.
- You have hardware and software integration skills (preferably some driver-level experience).
- Your familiarity with circuit layout in spice/cadence is a bonus.
- You have experience with test-board characterization and defining procedures and test flows.
- Given the international context, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary.