Circuit Designer Thin Film Electronics
What you will do
As a part of a world-renowned team, you will be involved in the research & development of electronics using thin-film transistors on plastic. You will be working in a high-tech environment on the flexible devices of the future together a multi-disciplinary team and with our international customers. Today, technology and designs are gaining maturity enabling a clear roadmap to realize worlds-first products. Your main task will be the implementation of novel IC building blocks using oxide thin-film transistor (TFT) technology. Your focus will be the design and measurement of large area flexible imager systems as well as backplanes for flexible displays. Also the design of circuits for the read-out of sensors on plastic and the driving of actuators on plastic will be your responsibility. This job requires a designer who is strongly aware and interested in understanding the thin-film transistor, its technology and the constant technology evolutions: the design environment for thin-film transistors on plastic is not as complete as for traditional silicon design, such that the designer must stay closely informed of the technology to come to successful and original designs.
You will be challenged to come up with novel design architectures that have never been though before and you will be expected to investigate solutions both using simulation tools and lab measurements.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design of large area flexible imager systems as well as display backplanes;
- Design of thin-film circuits for the read-out of sensors and the driving of actuators on plastic;
- The design of driver electronics needed to perform the required measurements;
- Test and validation of the circuits in lab environment to improve subsequent designs;
- Tape out masks with contributions from multiple designers;
- Benchmark results with state of the art and explore new methodologies that go beyond today’s solutions.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
You want to make a difference and you are looking for a challenge. You are self-driven and constantly exploring new opportunities. You benchmark your results with state of the art and explore new methodologies that go beyond today’s solutions.
- You have a Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Electronics Engineering. A PhD degree is a plus.
- You have extensive IC design knowledge and design experience with novel transistor technologies (beyond Si-CMOS).
- Experience in oxide or organic TFT technologies and/or circuit design is a strong plus.
- You are able to translate technology challenges into design opportunities (circumventing the bottlenecks).
- You are results driven and flexible to meet stringent deadlines with quality output.
Imec environment requires a good team player with competent communication and reporting skills.
Given the international character of imec a good knowledge of English is mandatory.