Competence Leader Embedded Software
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated Competence leader.
In close collaboration with engineers from different disciplines, you will lead the embedded software development for our wearable devices. You will set challenging goals for this activity and come up with innovative software solutions. You combine a helicopter view with a down-to-earth get-your-hands-dirty attitude. As leader of the embedded software competence team, you will steer the exploration of new technologies, methodologies, and ways of working to boost our abilities and also increase our innovation speed and contribute to longer-term roadmapping.
- Define the software architectures and test methodologies for the current and future healthcare applications.
- Together with software designers in the team:
- Develop firmware on Cortex-M processor platform to support sensor data acquisition, signal processing, and interfacing with Android based devices.
- Test embedded software in prototype hardware design.
- Support troubleshooting of prototype systems.
- Support evaluation and testing of prototype system.
- Interface with customers on definition of specification, interfaces, review of progress, and transfer of results.
- Drive roadmap on software development; interact with customers and trend-leaders on roadmaps and technology trends.
- As competence leader, develop and give lead to the software engineers in the wearable health solutions department.
- Explore and implement technologies, methodologies, and ways of working to increase our innovation speed and improve our software implementations.
- Drive innovation in the application of software for wearable healthcare solutions.
- Set goals to come to groundbreaking solutions to address current and future healthcare challenges.
- MSc degree in Computer Science or a similar field.
- Experience architecting embedded software systems; ideally for microcontroller platforms.
- Experience with Agile software development;
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
- Flexible team player, that sees changes as an opportunity to learn and grow, and can lead a team to improve and innovate.
- Fast learner, able and very interested in acquiring new skills and competences.
- Strong drive and highly developed sense of urgency.
- Hands-on attitude.
- Taking responsibility for the process from specification to implementation, testing and debugging, including communication and alignment with different stakeholders.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.