CVD Process Engineer
What you will do
In the quest for new optical and electronic applications, imec’s R&D programs require several CVD (Chemical Vapour Deposition) steps in various advanced schemes and architectures. The successful applicant will perform a Process Engineer function, within the multi-disciplinary CVD Team. As the CVD PE you will be responsible for:
- Troubleshooting the causes of process related issues and implementing corrective actions
- Investigating reoccurring issues and focussing on root cause analysis and long-term solutions.
- Ensuring all process and hardware issues in the CVD toolset are properly and clearly communicated within Operations, Process Engineering, and Hardware Engineering
To achieve these objectives you will work:
- In a dynamic multidisciplinary and multicultural environment in close cooperation with Researchers, Hardware engineers, Operations, Industry Assignees, and Device and Process Experts.
- In a rotating shift regime shifts (early/late), and 1 weekend in 3.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You obtained a Master in Science or Engineering or equal by experience and display strong engineering skills and mindset.
- You have strong analytical skills, interest in how things are measured, how data is interpreted and how data can be used to ensure high quality results are achieved.
- You are working autonomously, well organized, with a good attention to detail and set high standards for quality.
- You are able to work within cross disciplined technical teams.
- Given the international character of imec, fluency in English is a must.
- You are an enthusiastic and motivated team player with good communication and reporting skills.
- Previous experience of CVD deposition techniques in an industrial environment would be an advantage, but as on-the-job training will be given, it’s not a prerequisite
- Knowledge of DOE (Design of Experiment) and associated software (e.g. JMP) would be an advantage, but as on-the-job training will be given, it’s not a prerequisite
- Knowledge of SPC (Statistical Process Control) would be an advantage, but as on-the-job training will be given, it’s not a prerequisite