Defect Improvement Engineer – ATP (Advanced Technology Platform)
What you will do
- Help setup a Defect Engineering sub-team as part of the Advanced Technology Platform Department.
- Design an approach suitable for a Research and Development Fab to manage defect levels. Work with Fab tool owners and Process Owners to align on means of driving improvement. Manage execution of those improvement activities.
- Review current practices in the 300mm and 200mm fabs for tool defect evaluation, identify areas of improvement to drive the baseline behavior of the fab defectivity lower.
- Work closely with the Metrology team to setup and tune recipes needed to evaluate defects. Maintain an effective working relationship to drive collaborative effort to improve defect scan data frequency and accuracy.
- Establish a Defect Catalog and baseline root cause libraries, to begin systematic defect management in the 300mm fab.
- Support existing product specific yield improvement activity in a 200mm line, for low volume customer commitments.
- Characterize defect level on an existing 300mm Test Vehicle, using it as a line monitoring method to evaluate defect health of the 300mm fab and processes.
- Leverage industry experience to evaluate defect results of window and margin test for modules. Feedback to help Integration and process to establish optimal settings which work across major program families which are inherently dissimilar and have their own unique needs.
- Present on status, highlights, lowlights, and needs at program review and coordination meetings with leadership from within the team and out.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have Bachelor degree minimum and 3+ years of experience in semiconductor industry in a production or development environment. Candidates directly from MS or Ph.D programs will not be considered for this role.
- You have direct experience working in Defect Improvement, Contamination Free Manufacturing, or other fab wide defect improvement teams.
- You are able to manage time independently, balancing needs of multiple parallel activities.
- You have CMOS semiconductor experience, preferably with 300mm processes, down to 28nm or lower.
- You are able to draw conclusions from limited data, make suggestions on how to validate assumptions and conclusions.
- Outgoing, you like taking initiative, you are persuasive and assertive, while keeping a constructive attitude. You like project leadership, and you are grounded in a solid technical background. Working across diverse projects appeals to you.
- Good communication and interaction with the other groups within the department, as well as with other departments and Fab Operations, is a major requirement for this job.
- You have strong organizational skills and show the flexibility to change between different projects according to changing priorities.
- Given the international character of imec, excellent English verbal and written communication skills are required to be effective in this position.
- Willingness to relocate physically to Leuven, Belgium.