R&D Director Technology Enablement
What you will do
As a R&D director, you will be the strategic leader of the Technology
Enablement Department (TED).
You will work across broad areas of semiconductor technology research,
while leading various teams to demonstrate the imec leadership in semiconductor
You will manage the teams related to TCAD, compact models, and
block-circuit-device interaction teams to drive imec Insite programs and work
side by side with various program directors.
specifically, you will act as
A business manager:
- You ensure that the department delivers program and bilateral commitment and you ensure the internal and external partner satisfaction. You are responsible for managing the necessary resources for relevant tasks, ensuring follow-up, setting priorities, and taking the necessary operational decisions with key stakeholders such as program directors and peer department directors.
- You are responsible for planning and managing resources and budgets for the department and work with Unit Directors / VP / Managing Director. You make decisions about recruitment of granted mandates.
- You are responsible for monitoring costs and managing the budget of the department.
- You build the most optimal current opportunities and look for new opportunities and revenues.
A people manager:
- You are responsible for managing and ensuring appropriate imec HR processes in the department.
- You are the people manager of group leaders, team leaders or scientific directors. You inspire and enable the leaders for the success of the department’s mission.
- You inspire the members of the department and you coach the leaders with the values and objectives of imec, the unit and the department.
- You recognize and nurture the talents for individual career growth within the department.
- You are an inspirational leader who can motivate the teams and bring them together with common visions.
A team member:
- You participate at unit level in operational decisions and provide from the department the necessary information and ideas about the unit strategy and policy decisions.
- You bring a deep domain-knowledge expertise in semiconductor technology R&D and drive key activities and decision for the success of Insite programs.
- You inspire leaders and members across the organization.
What we do for you
We offer you the
opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in
nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent,
passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible
possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the
society of tomorrow.
We are proud of
our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample
possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to
supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with
tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively
invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware
that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your
energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive
salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have deep expertise in semiconductor device physics and process together with a solid understanding of semiconductor CMOS circuit designs.
- You can demonstrate a technical or project leadership for the last 10 years.
- Proven track record and experience in people management or technical team leadership with can-do attitude.
- You have excellent communication skills and your enthusiasm and strong drive will help to reach the ambitious unit objectives.
- You have obtained a Ph.D in EE or Physics, Material Science or relevant engineering fields.
Apply online at www.imec.be/jobs.