Device Compact Modelling Engineer
What you will do
- Calibrate compact models on measurements using industry standard SPICE models, such as PSP or BSIM, for active and passive devices, for intrinsic and extrinsic effects ( IV & CV, L/W dependencies, LDE effect, series resistance, parasitic capacitances, leakage currents, temperature effects, noise, mismatch, corners).
- Use calibration softwares (ie ICCAP) and develop dedicated code when needed for device parameter extraction and documentation
- Design appropriate DoEs (Design of experiments) and test structures for model development and parameter extraction
- Document models releases, models history, measurement vs model correlation
- Develop dedicated behavioral or physical compact models (through verilogA or small signal equivalents) when needed, work with colleagues to extend models and integrate new technologies and new effects modelled at imec (research on cryogenic temperature, RF)
- Work closely with IC design engineers and interact with customers who use the compact models and associated documentation that you generate
- Work with device and integration engineers to improve the technology based on specs and circuit behaviors
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- Expertise in parameter extraction and generation of compact models for semiconductor devices
- Hands-on understanding the effects captured in models through simulation results and circuit behavior
- Fluency in HDL tools such as Verilog-A, Cadence Virtuoso environment, circuit simulations using Spectre and HSPICE
- Good understanding and curiosity for device physics and technology fabrication process
- Able to develop custom code for measurement automation, data processing, analysis: good base in coding languages such as C++, MATLAB, Python, etc.
- We value your first experience in TCAD, PDK releases, characterization techniques
- You are a communicative team player, but still you can work independently. You like to interface with customers.
- Given the international character of imec, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary.