Device Engineer Cryogenic Temperature
What you will do
Quantum computing promises a strong enhancement of the computational power. Si quantum platforms benefit from well-established microelectronics fabrication techniques, enabling large scale qubit integration. These electron spin-based qubits can be implemented in Si when operating at cryogenic temperatures. In order to design accurately the electronics that controls the qubits, it is essential to predict the influence of cryogenic temperatures on the transistors parameters. At such low temperatures, effects such as dopant freeze-out and charge trapping have been observed, but the actual impact of these effects in advanced CMOS technology remains largely unexplored.
- You will measure advanced transistors at low temperatures (4K and below), and characterize their physical parameters.
- You will also derive and calibrate compact models valid at these temperatures. These models will be used by circuit designers to construct a Si quantum platform.
- Besides designers, you will interact closely with physicists, TCAD engineers, device and process integration engineers.
What we do for you
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have obtained a master’s degree in Electronics Engineering, with at least 2 years of relevant industrial experience or PhD in electrical engineering.
- You have a good knowledge of device physics, technology, and basic circuit design.
- We value your experience in compact modeling and Verilog A language.
- You have experience in TCAD simulators.
- We appreciate your custom design background in Virtuoso for doing circuit design.
- You are a communicative team player, but still you enjoy to work independently.
- You like taking initiative; you are persuasive and assertive, while keeping a constructive attitude.
- You show the flexibility to change between different projects according to changing priorities.
- Given the international character of imec, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary.