RF Device Pathfinding Engineer
What you will do
In order to realize power efficient radios for 5G and beyond, new III-V and III-N technologies, compatible with large scale Si platform, need to be developed. Therefore, innovation on different levels is required: process technology, device architecture, and circuit/system.
As a researcher in the RF design technology co-optimization team, you will
- translate the circuits requirements into specifications for technology development.
- optimize transistors and develop new device architectures, based on both TCAD and experimental studies.
- enable early circuit design, by developing advanced compact models valid up to mmWave frequencies, including parasitics, nonlinear and temperature effects.interact
- closely with circuit designers, TCAD engineers, device and process integration engineers.
What we do for you
Who you are
- You have obtained a PhD in electrical engineering or applied physics.
- We appreciate your good knowledge of device physics, technology, and basic circuit design.
- We value your experience in compact modeling, Verilog A language, TCAD and/or EM simulators and RF and microwave techniques.
- You are a communicative team player, but still you are able to work independently.
- You are creative and like taking initiative; you are persuasive and assertive, while keeping a constructive attitude.
- You show the flexibility to change between different projects according to changing priorities.
- Given the international character of imec, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary.