DFM and data prep engineer
What you will do
We are looking for an engineer to do data and mask preparation in the design flow. You will create scripts and test design methodologies to support imec tapeout activities across various R&D fields including advanced logic, memory, 3D and Photonics.
- You will work on imec test-site tape out activities including floor planning, layout, data preparation, mask orders and follow up of mask status and deliveries.
- You will explore novel DFM methodologies working closely with various process teams (Design, ETCH, CMP, Integration) for cutting edge technology nodes (e.g. Logic N3 and beyond, advanced Memory, Photonics, Biotechnology and etc. ..)
- You will own various development/enablement projects such as data prep automation techniques using computational technology.
- You will have the opportunity to carry out research and develop in design, DFM, data preparation and other areas.
- You will closely interact with design, OPC, patterning and integration teams within imec as well as various external suppliers such as EDAs and mask shops.
- You will join the DPT (Data Prep and Tape out) team.
What we do for you
- We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
- We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
- We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits. If needed, we also provide international relocation support for you and your family.
Who you are
- We would like you to have a Bachelor or Master degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, or related areas.
- We need your excellent programming skills and your experience with Unix or Linux environments.
- We consider knowledge of following expertise as a plus :
o DFM (dummy fill)
o layout design
o semiconductor and microelectronics process flows
o Cadence Virtuoso, Mentor Calibre, Mentor SmartFill
o mask design flow, layout, floor planning, DRC/MRC verification
- We appreciate your proactiveness, flexibility and your drive to focus on delivery high quality results in-time.
- We would like you to be a proactive and independent worker, but at the same you should be able to work together with others
- Your experience in leading R&D projects and your passion for research drives you to successfully finishing them.
- You are fluent in English.