Who we are
Swave Photonics is a fabless semiconductor company that designs and markets holographic chips based on proprietary diffractive photonics technology.
Our mission is to enable display manufacturers and content creators to disrupt the visualization market with immersive ultra-high resolution, life-like, true holographic displays.
With the Swave team you will create a new world where holographic displays give everyone the power to visualize the impossible, collaborate and accomplish more.
What you will do
- Build models and layouts to fabricate our custom photonic unit cell designs and test structures
- Verify model performance using finite difference time domain (FDTD) or similar
- Compare the results of the simulations with experimental data to improve future device designs
- Build and characterize experimental and tests setups in the company optical lab
- Using your expertise in photonics to identify and explore additional high-value targets for our development
- Collaborate with the system design and algorithms teams
Who you are
- Master / PhD in Physics or EE
- Expert knowledge of integrated optics, optoelectronic device physics
- 5+ years experience designing and developing state of the art photonic devices
- 2+ years of industry experience related to design, fabrication, and testing of integrated photonic components
- Deep understanding of CMOS manufacturing process and its constraints on the design of photonic devices
- Experience developing testing capability from the ground up is a strong plus
- Experience with Lumerical, Comsol, Calibre, Virtuoso is a strong plus
- Hands-on, pragmatic approach to solving complex challenges is a strong plus
- Capability to work in a fast-paced startup environment
Location: Leuven, Belgium. Remote work options.
For more information or application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org