What you will do
You will be part of our procurement team and you will have a focus on direct procurement.
More specifically, you will:
- Define, source and manage the internal needs for the procurement of chemicals, gasses, wafers, pumps, filters, lab and cleanroom equipment. Therefore you will be in contact with our internal customers and show understanding of their requirements.
- Negotiate procurement contracts taking into account quality, service, price, delivery.
- Manage and optimize the supplier base, in line with the category management.
- Promote automation, use of e-catalogues, ...
- Manage changes in buying processes within the imec organization.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- We are looking for a candidate with a bachelor or master degree and a first experience in direct procurement of technical goods and equipment, ideally in a (high-)tech environment.
- We appreciate your strong communication and negotiation skills.
- We need a colleague with a flexible mindset, who is open to changes.
- We hope you can analyse complex situations and act in an efficient way.
- We are looking for a colleague who sees things on the bright side.
- A good knowledge and understanding of English is a must, knowledge of Dutch is a plus.