What you will do
- As a Procurement Director you will manage, develop, coach and motivate the Procurement team.
- You shape the scenery by developing and implementing procurement strategies, in line with the overall company strategy and market developments. You are open to invest time to get to know the challenging imec ecosystem.
- Together with your team and other stakeholders, you design, own and optimize our procurement processes including our back office. That way you create a smooth and mature procure-to-pay process using your ERP knowledge. You will be the company’s process, KPI, dashboard, systems and tools owner for procurement.
- You will make the Procurement team as a strategic partner from all imec business and support units. You assure a buy-in with both your suppliers as well as your internal clients (Marketing, Quality, R&D, IT, Finance, Legal, HR,…) aiming for a solid partnership.
- Together with your team, you build the best possible supplier base for both corporate and public procurement.
- You will support a spend level of approximately €100-150m and will report directly to the CFO.
What we do for you
you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in
nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent,
passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible
possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the
society of tomorrow.
proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample
possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to
supporting and guiding you in this process, not only with words but also with
tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively
invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes
imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore
appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- We value your master’s degree in Economics and/or Engineering combined with at least 10 years of experience in strategic procurement, ideally in a corporate and public environment.
- You have the will and the skill to inspire, motivate, develop and manage a team of all levels of seniority and create one collaborative group.
- You are analytical and people-oriented, have a strong business acumen and an equally strong common sense.
- You show a real interest in what your team is working on and communicate in an open and transparent way.
- You get energy from designing, owning and optimizing our purchase processes.
- You have experience working with an ERP platform.
- You like to build win-win relationships with our key suppliers.
- You develop together with the team an optimized negotiated spend.
- Due to the international context, fluency in English is a must and fluency in Dutch is a strong asset.
- Although our suppliers are often international corporates, your personal international travel is very limited.