R&D Design Engineer for DTCO and STCO in advanced technology nodes
What you will do
- Use your circuit design and system-level integration skills to define the guidelines of the next generation technology solutions, supporting the imec semiconductor scaling roadmap.
- Be responsible for top-down design planning, specification development the integration of Analog-computing based Machine Learning accelerator, memory macro and digital logic at a block level.
- Implement Design-Technology Co-Optimization (DTCO) and System-Technology Co-Optimization (STCO) techniques for novel logic and memory device solutions pursued by imec research team.
- Interact with a team of top-notch talents in design and architecture for Machine Learning, next-generation memory and logic technology solutions.
What we do for you
Who you are
- You have obtained a Master’s degree in Electronics Engineering, with at least 3 years of relevant industrial experience or a PhD in circuit design.
- You have a good knowledge of synthesis and place and route tools to allow the evaluation of PPAC (power consumption, performance (speed), die area, and cost) post synthesis and post place and route.
- Knowledge of tools like Synopsys DC compiler, IC Compiler, Cadence RC compiler and SoC Encounter are required, as well as basic understanding of circuit design.
- You have a background of digital implementation and SoC architecture for one or more application domains (Mobile, Server, …) and can make specification for different parts of SoC in different market spaces.
- You worked with spice tools and are knowledgeable in synthesis and place and route tools.
- You are comfortable in RTL level programming, integrating memory and logic blocks optimally for a targeted functional block.
- Hands on experience on design planning, CPU/GPU architecture and data path design.
- We hope you have the ambition to drive the future technology, you are not afraid of proposing innovative ideas, and are willing to work to their circuit and system-level validation.
- We are looking for a communicative team player, who is also able to work independently.
- We appreciate your flexibility to change between different projects according to changing priorities.
- Given the international character of imec, your fluent knowledge of English is necessary.