Electrical Engineer (Analog & System Design)
What you will do
The Neuro-Electronics Research Flanders (NERF) at the imec campus is looking for an electrical engineer to work on a challenging project in the context of a funded European FetOpen project (https://www.project-stardust.eu). The project aims to develop a multimodal highly miniaturized brain machine interface. The device would be able to interact with the central nervous system optically, electrically and chemically. In the long-term, the technology developed in this project, will be used in the context of Parkinson’s disease research together with project partners.
- You will work together with engineers and scientists at NERF/imec and project partners to develop the electronic read-out system of the device. This system includes circuits for neuronal signal processing (low noise amplification and filtering), digitization, data transmission and power management.
- You will be in charge of the design and implementation of the circuits for the signal processing and digitization. The challenge in this project is that the circuits should be placed in an area much smaller than the state of the art CMOS neural interfaces. This means that different signal processing paradigms should be implemented in order to reduce the area without increasing noise levels or power consumption.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- We are looking for a self-motivated candidate with a PhD degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with an emphasis on analog and system design and an excellent understanding of system/analog implementation.
- We would like to enrich our team with a creative experienced colleague, with a proven track record of at least 3 years in analog design in an R&D environment.
- We look for a colleague who is a flexible and an enthusiastic team player with strong communication and reporting skills.
- Exceptional intrapersonal skills, the ability to work in a globally diverse environment and fluency in English is what we need.
- Also, we value your pragmatic and hands on can do attitude.