Electro-fluidic lab engineer for Life Science Technologies
What you will do
As hands-on experimentalist with experience in microfluidics device testing and solid skills in electronics (e.g., electrical measurement setup construction and simulation) you will:
- design measurement schemes and perform multidisciplinary electro-fluidic measurements to test the functionality of microfluidic devices for certain assays (e.g., electrical impedance spectroscopy for cells).
- program and operate multidisciplinary setups (electrical, fluidic, and optical), possibly with support from other colleagues for optics.
- do microfluidic experiments in view of life science applications.
- analyze, interpret, and report experimental data to the project team.
- keep agreed customer timelines for multiple projects in mind and report on progress internally and to customers.
- work in close collaboration with an interdisciplinary team of physicists, engineers, and biologists.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- We welcome profiles with at least master’s degree in electrical engineering (or similar by experience), combining this with experience with microfluidics device testing or microfluidic set-up construction.
- It is crucial that you have hands-on experience doing electrical measurements and with working with electrical instrumentation such as DAQ and PID control.
- You find energy in working in a lab environment on a daily basis and with constantly changing devices.
- It is essential that you have strong analytical skills and can perform data processing using analytical or computational tools.
- You are familiar with software essential for instrumentation and signal processing such as LabVIEW, Python, Matlab.
- Knowledge on electro-fluidic principles in microfluidics such as dielectrophoresis, impedance spectroscopy is a plus.
- Your experience with multidisciplinary modelling such as ANSYS, COMSOL etc. is a strong plus.
- You are a team player with experience working in an interdisciplinary team, but you also solve problems related to your expertise independently.
- You are fluent in English and have good communication skills.