What you will do
We need you as an Electronic Engineer to
be part of our multidisciplinary team to deliver hardware solutions that can be used for studies in the fields of
preventive health and agriculture & food.
In this start-up environment and in close
collaboration with engineers from different disciplines, you will contribute to
the design, test and characterization of innovative prototype systems by
combining cutting-edge research results with state-of-the-art components.
Additionally, you will support engineers from other domains (software,
algorithms, biomedical) to fulfil the hardware needs or dependencies they might
have. Your tasks will include:
- Contribute to the development of demonstrators and prototypes based on imec hardware and off-the-shelf sensors, microcontrollers and radio’s, while interfacing to PC’s, smartphones and other portable devices.
- Perform hardware testing and troubleshooting, including board bring-up and adaptation of existing platforms into new specifications.
- Design and implementation of test systems including tooling and scripts.
- Perform testing and characterization of existing and new prototypes.
- Document your activities to ensure reproducibility of setup and test results.
- Be responsible for the management of the (test) equipment in the electronic lab facility of OnePlanet.
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international environment
at the forefront of technology, in an international network of renowned
industrial customers. This is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the
market that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
OnePlanet Research Center is multidisciplinary collaboration agreement
between Wageningen University & Research (WUR), Radboud University, Radboudumc and imec. Imec The
Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive compensation
and benefits package including a 100% employer paid pension plan and flexible
working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of training
At the same time OnePlanet is a new collaboration of 3 renowned and globally
respected research institutes/universities. By joining the OnePlanet team, you
will be part of a team of world changers; disruptive innovators and practical
thinkers. Here, your ideas will have an impact on our future lives.
Who you are
- You hold a BSc degree (HBO) in Electrical engineering, Mechatronics, Embedded engineering or in a similar field.
- You have 3-5 years of relevant work experience in the designing PCB’s with off-the-shelf components and in board bring-up, hardware test & debugging.
- Hands-on experience in PCB re-work and the use of electronic lab equipment.
- Experience in (low power) embedded and analogue hardware systems, preferably in the field of wireless sensor networks and electronics.
- You are familiar with biomedical sensor systems, signal integrity, EMC and power management.
- Work experience with Python, Labview and Altium is a plus.
- Experience in the fields of health or agriculture & food is a plus, however a strong interest in these fields is a must.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
- Hands-on and team player attitude; which means taking initiatives, thinking pro-actively, having a flexible and solving problem attitude are attributes which define yourself.
- You see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow and you can deal with ambiguity.
- You are capable to communicate with colleagues outside your field of expertise and you are interested in acquiring new skills and competences.
you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it, then
you can connect with Ana Crehuet, Talent Acquisition specialist. You can
reach Ana at email@example.com. If you wish to apply, then please submit your full
resume and a cover letter.
Click on ‘apply’ to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.