What you will do
Wearable electronic systems are becoming integral part of our daily life through smartphone health apps, smart wristbands, smart health patches, VR/AR headsets, etc. Medical-grade wearables stand to revolutionize chronic disease management and will provide the caregiver and the patient with unprecedented insights and will enable precision medicine thanks to predictive personalized analytics. Smart wearables enriched with personalized coaching will empower us towards a healthier lifestyle and towards the prevention of disease. At imec we have a track record of more than 10 years of building wearable medical and personal health solutions with leading worldwide customers and partners. We have grown
to become a large and internationally recognized team and our ambition is to further expand our wearable health solutions activities at sensor, circuit, and software level to achieve truly smart & adaptive & cloud-connected medical and personal health systems.
- You will design and implement data analysis framework including:
- Software interfaces with other systems and software modules (e.g. I/O board, Bluetooth module, third-party applications).
- Translation of given offline (e.g., MATLAB) algorithms in C#/C++ or Python for real-time execution.
- User interfaces (e.g. to visualize or store data).
- You develop and maintain demos showcasing data analysis algorithms.
- Within the software design team you support:
- troubleshooting of prototype systems;
- evaluation and testing of prototype system;
- the release process (testing of release candidates, code reviews, etc.);
- internal users and customers.
What we do for you
By joining the Connected Health Solutions team in Eindhoven, you will be part of a team of disruptive innovators and thinkers. Together, with our Researchers and Engineers, you will work on wireless and wearable healthcare applications that empower people to manage their own health. We invite you to be part of our ambitious team where your ideas will have an impact on our society and our future lives.
Who you are
- MSc degree in computer science or a similar field.
- 2+ years’ experience in software development.
- Good knowledge of C#/C++, Python and MATLAB.
- Proficient in source code version control systems (Git, SVN).
- Experience in testing (integration, functional, regression) and continuous integration.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
- Flexible team player, actively helping other team members, you see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Quick learner, able and interested in acquiring new skills and competences.
- Hands-on attitude. Taking responsibility for the process from specification to implementation, testing and debugging, including communication and alignment with different stakeholders.