Embedded Software Engineer
What you will do
this start-up environment and in close collaboration with engineers from
different disciplines (electronics, algorithms, biomedical), you will be
responsible for the design, implementation, and test of embedded software for
innovative prototype systems by combining cutting-edge research results with
state-of-the-art components. Additionally, you will support the team to fulfil
the software needs or dependencies they might have. We
need you as an Embedded Software Engineer to be part of our multidisciplinary team to:
- Develop embedded software for demonstrators and prototypes based on
imec hardware and off-the-shelf sensors, microcontrollers and radios,
while interfacing to PC’s, smartphones and other portable devices.
- Develop software, interact with customer and support with field trials and research
- Program in C/C++ and Python for software using an operating system
(like FreeRTOS) and bare metal.
- Translate project goals into engineering requirements, define the
specifications, design, implement, verify and validate software systems.
- Perform hardware and software testing and troubleshooting,
including board bring-up and adaptation of existing platforms into new
- Design and implementation of test systems including tooling and
- Document your activities to ensure reproducibility of setup and
test results; maintaining, updating the software.
What we do for you
We offer a
challenging and international environment at the forefront of technology, in an
international network of renowned industrial customers. This is your
opportunity to bring new technologies to the market that will have an impact on
Research Center is a multidisciplinary collaboration agreement between
Wageningen University & Research (WUR), Radboud University, Radboudumc and
imec. Imec The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive
compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer paid pension plan
and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of
At the same time OnePlanet is a new collaboration of 3 renowned and globally
respected research institutes/universities. By joining the OnePlanet team, you
will be part of a team of world changers; disruptive innovators and practical
thinkers. Here, your ideas will have an impact on our future lives.
Who you are
- You hold a BSc degree (HBO) in Embedded systems,
ICT, Electrical engineering, Mechatronics or in a similar field.
- 3+ years of relevant
work experience in embedded software development with off-the-shelf
components (Raspberry Pi or similar) and in board bring-up, software test
- Experience with (low power) embedded systems, preferably in the
field of wireless sensor networks and electronics.
- Experience with Embedded IDE’s, debuggers and IOT.
- Experience with programming languages such as C and experience in
embedded applications (microcontrollers) is a must.
- uControllers and firmware development. (ARM Cortex);
- industry standard interface protocols (SPI, I2C, Wireless like BLE, Wifi, Lora).
- Hands-on experience in using electronic lab equipment.
- Experience in the fields of health or agriculture & food is a plus,
however a strong interest in these fields is a must.
- Hands-on and team player attitude; which means taking initiatives,
thinking pro-actively, having a flexible and problem solving attitude are
attributes which define yourself.
see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow and you can deal with
- You are capable to communicate with colleagues outside your field
of expertise and you are interested in acquiring new skills and
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
Are you interested in this position, and do you want to learn more about
it? Then you can connect with Mayuri Nalawade, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
You can reach Mayuri on +31(0)6 49 86 12 50 or by email at
email@example.com. If you wish to apply, then please submit your full
resume and a cover letter.
Click on ‘apply’ to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.