Software Engineer Health
What you will do
you as a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to be part of our interdisciplinary team
to develop embedded
software solutions for our Bathroom4Health projects that will enable next
generation personalized health monitoring. You will drive innovation and come
up with smart designs. You will work in close collaboration with other Software
Engineers, Biomedical Researchers, Data Scientists and the hardware team. In
this role you:
- Develop firmware on a Cortex-M processor platform to support sensor data acquisition, signal processing, storing and wireless transmitting (BLE, WiFi, etc.) using FreeRTOS.
- Develop low level drivers for the Cortex-M processor on-chip peripherals (I2C, SPI, UART, etc.).
- Develop and execute test cases for (self or third party developed) software in Python and C/C++.
- Test and integrate embedded software in prototypes or simulators (unit, functional, integration and regression testing).
- Support evaluation, (lab-based/trial) testing and troubleshooting of prototype systems.
- Support release process (testing of release candidates, code reviews, etc.).
- Interface with customers on definition of specification, interfaces, progress, and deliverables.
- Work according to medical device or similar functional safety regulations.
- Work closely with interdisciplinary team ensuring the end goal of the (prototype) system/application will be met as well.
What we do for you
We offer a challenging
and international environment at the forefront of technology, in an
international network of renowned industrial customers. This is your
opportunity to bring new technologies to the market that will have an impact on
OnePlanet is a new collaboration
of 3 renowned and globally respected research institutes/universities. By
joining the OnePlanet team, you will be part of a team of world changers;
disruptive innovators and practical thinkers. Here, your ideas will have an
impact on our future lives.
At the same
time, Imec The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers you an
attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer paid
pension plan and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers
a wide range of training possibilities.
Who you are
- BSc or MSc degree in computer science, technical informatics, embedded systems, electrical engineering or similar.
- 5+ years experience in embedded software development and architecture definition for resource constrained systems, preferably in the field of wireless sensors, low-power or health.
- Strong interest in the field of personalized health solutions.
- Advanced in coding for embedded software systems that are resource (power, memory, computation) constrained (must).
- Knowledge of ARM Cortex platforms and experience with embedded tools like GCC/GDB (plus).
- Excellent programming skills in C and C++ and experience with Python (must).
- Experience with Android/IOS (plus).
- Proficient in Object Oriented Analysis and Design methodology (use of UML).
- Proficient in source code version control systems (GIT).
- Experience in the field of testing (unit, functional, integration, regression testing) and continuous integration.
- You know how to operate a scope, a logic analyzer and can debug firmware and low level driver issues.
- Being able to read hardware schematics and understand functionality of the embedded system.
- Flexible team player who sees change as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Hands-on attitude. Taking responsibility for the process from specification to implementation, testing and debugging, including communication and alignment with different stakeholders.
- Quick learner, able and interested in acquiring new skills and competences.
- Ability to be creative and think outside the box.
- Being able to work in an environment with changing or only partially defined requirements.
- Being able to work outside the field of your experience (e.g., not software related).
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it, then
you can talk to Frank Wolfs, Talent Acquisition Lead. You can reach Frank via
+31(0)6-50837563 or you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also apply
on our website by sending us your resume and motivational letter.
Click on ‘apply’ to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.