Entrepreneurial CEO for imec start-up in the field of AR
At imec, we are working on a disruptive optical technology to slash the power consumption of future augmented/mixed reality glasses. To translate this technology into a product and bring it to market, we are incubating this project towards a spin-off. To lead this effort from a business perspective, we are looking for an entrepreneurial business developer with a background in the AR/MR/VR field and eager to play a key role in this spin-off, potentially as its CEO.
What you will do
- Translate the technology USP’s into a realistic strategy and product development roadmap validated by interactions with industry players and potential customers.
- Leverage your network in the AR/VR/MR industry to identify business opportunities and build strategic partnerships.
- Oversee all operations and business activities to towards incorporation of the spin-off.
- Develop a business plan for the company, assessing and staging its funding needs and raise the necessary funds.
- Manage the P&L of the company and, as is typical for a start-up, able to take a wide breadth of responsibilities including company strategy, operations, financing, HR and marketing.
- Identify key resources to build a high performing and ambitious team and ensuring full engagement of the team for company success.
- Build and maintain a deep knowledge of the markets and industry in which the company operates.
What we do for you
We give you the opportunity to create and develop a promising spin-off currently in an incubation project. This is a unique opportunity to steer and shape an early-stage venture spinning out of imec, the world-leading R&D and innovation hub nanoelectronics and digital technology. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Imec and its family of spin-off companies create technologies and products that will shape the society of tomorrow.
We are aware that your valuable contribution will make the spin-off a top player in the field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive financial package and the potential to become the CEO of this venture.
Who you are
- You have solid experience as a business developer and/or product manager, preferably based on a scientific background.
- You have developed product strategy and taken responsibility in its implementation.
- Experience in shaping early-stage deep-tech start-ups or similar intrapreneurial projects.
- Experience with fund raising (investors as well as public funding) and entrepreneurial finance in general is a strong plus.
- You are eager to translate a technology into attractive product and to define and validate the product development roadmap.
- You are an excellent communicator and possess strong public speaking skills.
- You are based in Belgium or willing to live in Belgium.