Etch Process Development Engineer
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated Etch Process Development Engineer.
This position, as Etch Process Development Engineer requires a strong technical background in the area of Etch process development for leading edge technology like N5+, 3D SCM or 3D/OIO. The Etch Process Development Engineer leads Etch process development in several programs and is in charge of Joined Development Programs related to the Advanced Patterning Center and Supplier Hub. The overall responsibility is to deliver in a timely & efficient manner Etch process solutions as well as an understanding of the interactions between the Etch and Lithography processes. In day-to-day operations, you are supported by the operational services provided within the organization.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Driving an understanding of the interactions between the Etch and Lithography processes.
- Facilitate partnerships and technical exchanges between APC and Supplier Hub partners.
- Providing technical Etch solution to projects and processes in research and development.
- Implementing methodology to ensure process robustness & process control.
- Supporting strategy for Etch process development.
- Executing & reporting on Joint Development Programs related to the Advanced Patterning Center.
- Writing papers, patents and extending network.
- You have a PhD in Science or Applied Science and 1 to 5 years of industrial experience in Etch process development.
- You are an enthusiastic person willing to take up the challenge of reaching the ambitious objectives.
- You have excellent planning and organizational skills.
- You are a team player.
- You have efficient communication and reporting competences.
- Fluency in English is required as this is an international environment.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imecAcademy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits. Interested in more details? Explore our website (www.imec.be) and be convinced!