FAB Contamination Specialist
What you will do
- You will combine the role of FAB Contam Specialist with occasional running of the pilot lines.
- Your primary task will be to manage cross-contamination risks posed by introducing new materials and new processes and flows for R&D experiments in the pilot lines.
- Based on the Contam strategy, you will evaluate experiment proposals of researchers and engineers, to judge whether they could jeopardize tool and process stability. Possibly you suggest prior tests to limit contamination risk.
- You monitor contamination status of tools in the FAB and take necessary actions to keep overall contamination levels under control.
- You identify areas of improvement and carry out projects to optimize the efficiency of contamination monitoring of the FAB.
- You explore new material needs & measurement techniques while staying up to date through a strong network within and outside imec.
- You will occasionally take up the role of Pilot Line Responsible. During those periods you control the pilot lines and follow up the lots as they move through the FAB.
- You make sure high priority lots get proper attention and notify the appropriate people when action is required. You collaborate closely with the Engineering teams to minimize the impact of planned and unplanned tool-downtime. In case of problems, you determine action plans and you report to the internal customers on a daily basis.
This role is taken up about one week out of 7, and includes weekend work.
- In this role, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders (e.g. process integration engineers, scientists, fab engineers, fab pilot line technicians, etc.).
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a master’s degree in Engineering (e.g. in Materials Science or Chemistry) or Exact Sciences (e.g.Physics, Chemistry), or equal by experience.
- We strongly value prior experience of at least 3 years in the sector of semiconductors.
- You have a good knowledge of semiconductor processing and integration schemes.
- You take ownership and take all factors into account when deciding.
- You have strong (technical) communication skills. You are an active listener, able to detect the needs of your internal stakeholders.
- You have a pro-active approach and initiate actions when needed. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive right into the action.
- You can work autonomously, take the initiative and are capable to plan and organize your own work.
- Since you will be working in a highly international environment and will be maintaining a good contact with colleagues and co-workers from all over the world, fluency in English is essential.