FAB Data Engineer
What you will do
- You will combine the role of FAB Data Engineer with occasional running and follow-up of our pilot production lines.
- Your primary task will be to analyze needs from the FAB related to operational data, and to build reports that allow the different departments of the FAB to steer their operations.
- To that end, you interact with many people throughout the FAB organization to understand what they are trying to accomplish, you suggest corresponding reporting proposals and develop those reports, mostly in PowerBI.
- You collaborate closely with the ICT department for the reporting and data projects that need their involvement. You help to prioritize the projects and issues that the FAB needs their help for.
- You align with other departments, mostly R&D, that use the same data and similar reports to ensure efficient and correct use of the data.
- You manage and maintain the growing FAB report portfolio, including fixing issues that don’t require ICT involvement.
- You will occasionally take up the role of Pilot Line Responsible. During those periods you control the pilot lines and follow up the lots as they move through the Fab.
- You make sure high priority lots get proper attention and notify the appropriate people when action is required. You collaborate closely with the Engineering teams to minimize the impact of planned and unplanned tool-downtime. In case of problems you determine action plans and you report to the internal customers on a daily basis.
- This role is taken up about one week out of 7 and includes weekend work (1 weekend out of 7).
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master’s degree in Engineering (e.g. in Electronics, Materials science or Chemistry), or equal by experience.
- You have solid experience with data analysis, manipulation and visualization.
- You have good experience with general purpose programming (e.g. Python).
- Prior experience with relational databases, SQL or PowerQuery/PowerBI is a strong asset.
- Prior experience with self-service BI is a strong asset.
- You have prior experience in the sector of semiconductors or knowledge of semiconductor processing and integration schemes.
- You take ownership and take all factors into account when deciding.
- You have strong (technical) communication skills. You are an active listener, able to detect the needs of your internal stakeholders.
- You have a pro-active approach and initiate actions when needed. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive right into the action.
- You can work autonomously, take the initiative and are capable to plan and organize your own work.
- Since you will be working in a highly international environment and will be maintaining a good contact with colleagues and co-workers from all over the world, fluency in English is essential.