Fab Equipment Engineering Manager
Fab Equipment Department (FABEQ)
Our Fab Equipment team is responsible for various pilot production tools and devices, often first versions, sometimes even prototypes. Our equipment engineers intensively collaborate with process engineers and equipment manufacturers to identify, execute and evaluate improvement opportunities on our unique pilot production tools. These highly motivated engineers identify preventative actions and assure the correct maintenance and repair of the equipment is guaranteed in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
What you will do
As Engineering manager for our fab equipment department (fabeq), you will be responsible for managing and improving the daily operations and the troubleshooting process within the Fab with a focus on all tool-related issues.
- In this role you will interact/collaborate with the FABEQ hardware managers, fab process engineering (FPE) coordinators and the Fab line responsible on a daily basis to set the right troubleshooting priorities.
- You make sure the right actions & proper troubleshooting methodologies are in place to solve the fab operational problems in an effective and timely manner.
- You continuously act proactively to tackle upcoming roadblocks ahead of time. Recurring issues are thoroughly investigated and root-casue fixed. In addition, found solutions are also applied in other parts of the fab.
- You act as a mentor in case of tool escalations, i.e. making sure the people (experts, suppliers, developers, etc) are involved and a sound troubleshooting methodology is followed and executed accordingly.
You detect learning opportunities for our equipment engineers and set up the necessary improvement projects and provide feedback to the correct entities within the FABEQ-department and imec.
- You get troubleshooting within FABEQ -and by extension the entire Fab- to a higher level by ensuring the proper methodologies like e.g. Kepner & Tregoe and Ishikawa diagrams are used.
- You ensure there is a feedback loop between troubleshooting findings and root-cause analysis and the tool maintenance plans, i.e. preventing recurrent failures.
- You guarantee proper communication & collaboration within FABEQ and with neighboring departments, i.e. process engineering and operations, but also e.g. warehouse and EHS.
What we do for you
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
Education, Experience and Technical Competencies
- Master degree or equivalent in the area electromechanical engineering, automation, electronics or a closely related discipline.
- Min. 5 years of experience with operations management and improvements within a production environment.
- Sound experience in machine / operations troubleshooting, problem solving and project management.
- Strong safety and health awareness. You are familiar with e.g. last-minute-risk assessment methodology.
Leadership and Personal Competencies
- Inspirational people manager: You inspire trust and confidence, you empower team members and are enthusiast to take up challenges and reach ambitious objectives with the whole FABEQ-team.
- Communication superstar with an agile mindset: You enjoy sharing knowledge and technical information with comfort and clarity. You are able to build bridges between different departments (Equipment Engineering, Process Engineering, EHS, operations) and are able to lead and coach people from a non-hierarchical position. You easily switch from a hands-on and tactical level to a strategic level.
- Process & quality driven problem solver: You manages multiple priorities with a proactive “can do” attitude. Thanks to your result-orientedness and sense of urgency, you are able to drive projects to closure and to manage many simultaneous small projects/improvement tracks in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical thinker: You quickly detect and define problems. You are able to set-up coherent action plans and coach problem solving.