Field Application Engineering Manager imec IC.link
What you will do
The imec IC.link division of imec is responsible for providing access to advanced ASIC foundry technologies to Small and Medium Businesses (SMBs) and to larger companies for which IC manufacturing is a core competence. imec IC.link provides both technical and logistics support to enable prototyping and small/large volume production of custom ASICs. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, imec IC.link is expanding its operations in Great China. The Technical Account Manager position will be responsible for developing imec IC.link’s business in China.
- you will use your excellent knowledge of the ASIC market and will support and manage a portfolio of customer in this market.
- Use your knowledge of advanced chip technology (CMOS), empowering you to advise customers and promote an optimal chip technology for their application, in collaboration with the chip foundry and the technical team at imec.
- Advise customers on their design methodology, EDA tool flow, provide PDK access.
- Advise customers on technology process selection, IP selection, performance and cost trade-offs
- Prepare project technical proposals
- Collaborate with our technical teams, foundry, package & test suppliers make customer projects successful
- Represent imec at external fairs and exhibitions where design houses, universities, chip foundries and customers meet.
What we do for you
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join an ambitious organization, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative. In addition this is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. As befits a true world player, we offer you an attractive compensation package.
Who you are
- Master’s degree (preferably in electronics) with strong knowledge in the design and fabrication of chips.
- 7 years’ or more experience in ASIC design and technical support role, preferably in the fabless semiconductor market.
- Technical knowledge of chip fabrication techniques (CMOS) is a must. Experience and understanding of chip design, tools & flow, as well chip packaging, test is strongly preferred And you just love to keep up-to-date on the latest developments.
- You can adequately judge problem situations and opportunities, recognize priorities and act accordingly in a flexible manner.
- You are comfortable in creating business from “scratch”. And being a “self starter” who is team oriented and results driven.
- You have a strategic mindset with an ability to think broadly, refine questions, and develop analytical frameworks, and translate into go-to market plans.
- You enjoy working in a dynamic situation, and with experience working across multiple cultures/functions/ business units, influencing and collaborating with others to successfully implement programs.
- You enjoy regular travel ~40%+ within China and 1-2 visits each year to imec’s headquarters in Belgium.
- Your mother language is Mandarin, and you have excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken), very customer-oriented and diplomatic.
- You are able to extend your internal and external networks and to confer fluently on technical, legal and business related matters.
- A relevant network and experience in a technical-commercial function is a must.
- Quick learner, able and interested in acquiring new skills and competences.