Field Test Engineer – OnePlanet Research Center
Innovating towards a healthier future with chip and
digital technology in food and health
In 2050 we are expected to live with 10 billion people on this planet. To let all those people live and eat well, while they take care of our planet, we need groundbreaking, sustainable (technology) solutions. That’s why we, at OnePlanet Research Center, are questioning ourselves:
What if we can measure and understand what is good for the world and for each individual person? In terms of food and agriculture, in terms of health?
What if we can empower people towards more sustainable choices?
What if we can make data-driven nutrition and health possible?
What if we can manage stress to make people more resilient?
What if we can monitor the health of plants and animals?
What if we develop technology which does not adversely affect our environment, but which supports it?
What if we can transform mass production of food into personalized food on demand?
What if …?!
At OnePlanet Research Center we don’t just imagine it. We work on it. We dream ánd do. We research and develop digital technology in food, agriculture and health domains achieving behavior change. Change that is needed to create a healthier future, for our planet and for humanity.
OnePlanet Research Center
Innovation center for chip and digital technology in food and health
OnePlanet Research Center is a multidisciplinary collaboration agreement between Wageningen University & Research (WUR), Radboud University, Radboudumc and imec. We use the latest chip and digital technology to create a society in which everyone can live a healthy life and has access to good and sufficient food.
We initiate groundbreaking, fundamental and applied research, groundbreaking innovations and smart product development. This is only possible by using and bringing together great ideas, innovations and chip and digital technologies from different disciplines and work closely together with industry.
We ensure that companies, education, researchers, social institutions and citizens work together. We combine specialisms from the fields of agriculture, food and health and turn dreams into feasible solutions that contribute to a more sustainable society.
What you will do
We need you as a Field Test Engineer to be part of our interdisciplinary team to:
- Take care of the deployment of our embedded multisensory networks in the field for water and air quality measurements; A network of wireless sensors will send measurements to the Cloud for data storage, processing, and analytics.
- Implement algorithms in resource-constrained micro-controllers and the Cloud.
- Implement drivers and embedded software firmware to integrate new sensors and wireless communication.
- Make system trade-offs for minimal power consumption at best performance and low cost, while keeping an eye on maintainability and re-usability.
- Test (automated), characterize and evaluate the network.
- Monitor performance (automated) of the network (and troubleshooting if needed).
- Extract and prepare the data for analyses.
- Work together in a multi-disciplinary team during to ensure quality and effective implementation of the network.
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international environment
at the forefront of technology, in an international network of renowned
industrial customers. This is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the
market that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
OnePlanet Research Center is multidisciplinary collaboration agreement between Wageningen University & Research (WUR), Radboud University, Radboudumc and imec. Imec The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer paid pension plan and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of training possibilities.
At the same time OnePlanet is a new collaboration of 3 renowned and globally respected research institutes/universities. By joining the OnePlanet team, you will be part of a team of world changers; disruptive innovators and practical thinkers. Here, your ideas will have an impact on our future lives.
Who you are
- We are looking for a highly motivated person with the following assets:
- BSc or MSc degree in embedded engineering.
- 4+ years of experience in low-power embedded software development, preferably in the IoT domain.
- Professional working experience with C/C++ embedded software development.
- Professional working experience with Python is a must.
- Experience in the deployment of wireless sensor networks and electronics.
- Hands on experience with low-power embedded solutions for environmental measurement is a plus.
- Knowledge of the full stack of IoT solutions, from embedded software, to network and Cloud.
- Experience in signal processing and data analysis is a plus.
- Proven can-do attitude, coming up with practical working solutions is a must.
- Broader interest in environmental sensing is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills in English.