Finance Systems & Process Specialist
What you will do
The Finance Systems and Process Expert guarantees the development, documentation and implementation of financial systems, processes and controls. To do so, you will analyze the finance information needs and business requirements, propose and validate solutions (systems, processes, controls, procedures) and/or improvements, and translate these into functional requirements for IT where needed. He/she manages implementation projects and is involved in the set-up and configuration of information systems, and acts as a liaison between Finance and IT.
As Finance Systems & Process Specialist, you will:
- Develop, evaluate, improve and document the financials processes and relating systems in collaboration with the (Finance) colleagues, taking into account the changing needs and requirements of the organization.
- Develop and implement a control framework to assure reliable financial reporting.
- Analyze impact of change requests and evaluate the feasibility of the suggested solutions.
- Collect and translate business needs into functional requirements.
- Structure these requirements to allow IT to develop the necessary applications.
- Implement and test changed systems.
- Act as an interface with IT and possibly as a project leader for CFO-IT projects.
- Support maintenance of accounting manual and relating procedures.
- Set-up and maintain procedures with respect to master data management.
- Give support and advice to internal customers on the above matters.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master’s degree in Applied Economics, IT, or similar.
- You have minimum 5 years of relevant experience in financial systems and ERP.
- You have experience in project management and process optimization
- You are hands-on, pro-active and a team player.