Full-stack (Node.js/React) Developer
The Application Prototyping Team
Imec’s application prototyping team (APT, around 25 people) develops application prototypes and platforms that support, demonstrate and deploy imec’s research into the role of IT in society. The team is active in many domains (e.g. innovation management, health, smart cities, manufacturing, …). For example, APT plays an important role in finding out how cities can be improved or made more “smart” through internet-of-things (IoT) technology, or how wearable sensors and machine learning can provide insights in stress and other health issues.
As one of our Application Prototyping Engineers you will join a highly skilled well-balanced team of junior and senior designers and developers, operating from imec’s offices in Ghent and Antwerp. You can choose from which of these two cities you prefer to work, as most of the team communication takes place online. In this role, you will get the opportunity to continuously experiment with new technologies and to work in cross-functional teams and projects in an international environment.
What we do for you
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You are comfortable with a number of the following technologies:
o React and/or Vue.js
o REST APIs and/or GraphQL APIs
o MongoDB or other No-SQL databases
o PostgreSQL or other relational/SQL databases
o Micro-service architectures (Docker, Kubernetes, …) & cloud infrastructures (Azure, AWS)
- You are fluent in Dutch and/or English
- Yoare used to quickly learn new technologies
- You care about making high-quality user experiences.
- You're a strong team player, comfortable to work in an Agile/Scrum process.
- You're transparent about progress on tasks, you seek feedback and enjoy close collaboration
- You love to take on challenges and are highly result-driven.
“Nice to haves”:
- Kowledge of other programming languages such as Python, Ruby, Matlab, C/C++, Go, Rust, etc.
- CI/CD tools such as Azure Devops, Bitrise, Jenkins, Travis, etc.
- Machine learning experience
- Mobile app development
- Requirements analysis & product design skills
- Software architecture skills