EnergyVille (www.energyville.be) is a collaboration between the Belgian research partners KULeuven, VITO, imec and UHasselt in the fields of sustainable energy and intelligent energy systems. EnergyVille develops technology and knowledge to support public and private stakeholders in the transition to an energy efficient, decarbonised and sustainable urban environment. The unique complementarity of the research partners allows the organization to integrate the energy system value chain in its entirety, ranging from materials and components to the level of entire energy systems, business models and strategies. Its activities are clustered in six interdisciplinary domains: photovoltaics, electrical and thermal storage, power control and conversion, electrical and thermal networks, buildings and districts, strategies and markets. With approximately 400 researchers and state-of-the-art research facilities, EnergyVille is a top European innovation hub in the energy field. It bundles research, development and training, and collaborates closely with local, regional, national and international partners from industry as well as public authorities. As an energy R&D innovation hub, located in the industry-oriented ecosystem of Thor Park (Genk, Belgium), EnergyVille offers an attractive environment for energy research, industrial product development and business creation.
In order to succeed the current CEO who will retire, we are searching for a (m/f):
With an industrial background and academic affinity in the fields of sustainable energy
- As GM you are fully responsible for the Institute in accordance with the partnering institutes. You advise the Board about the scientific mission and strategy and represent the Institute both locally and abroad.
- You develop the scientific vision, mission and strategic objectives of the Institute and translate this mission and strategy into relevant research lines and programs with scientific and societal impact.
- You manage the organization, ensuring the effective and efficient operational management of the Institute, creating an inspiring and stimulating a (scientific) work environment by attracting and developing talent and guaranteeing the funds to finance the Institute’s scientific research.
- You represent the Institute and guarantee a solid participation in national and international collaborations in the fields of sustainable energy and intelligent energy systems, and encourage the cooperation with the academical, technologic and industrial world.
- You ensure and stimulate the knowledge development and utilization. You support scientific and technical publications.
- You lead the Operational Steering Group and report directly to the Strategic Steering Board.
- You can rely on a broad experience in a general management position and have a clear vision on energy and energy systems and have a strong affinity with applied research.
- You are an excellent stakeholder manager with a network in the industry and experience in political lobbying. You have developed insight in the Flemish, Belgian and international scientific practices systems and are familiar with political consultation structures.
- You are reliable, committed and connecting. You demonstrate to be able to build bridges and to create consensus.
- You know how to inspire and motivate others. You want to set things in motion, coordinate them, and steer them in the right direction.
- You are a strong communicator with an excellent knowledge of English and Dutch. Knowledge of French or German is an asset.
- An autonomous general management position with responsibility and visibility closely collaborating with local, regional, national and international partners from the industry as well as from public authorities.
- Driving a top European innovation hub in the energy field with focus on energy research, industrial product development, business and community creation.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
Surf to jobs.hudsonsolutions.com and apply online. Your response will be dealt with promptly and confidentially.
Questions? Contact Thomas Nuyts at +32 497 52 63 99 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.