The META group is a key player
in the Fab organization of imec, responsible for electrical test and chip
assembly. The team delivers test applications and services to the R&D organization
and contributes directly to the success of many research programs in imec.
An important aspect in the
electrical test lab is the management of the lab hardware. The operations team
oversees the complete lifecycle of all wafer probers and lab instruments. The
hardware engineer owns all phases of the lifecycle: purchasing new equipment,
hook-up, maintenance, user support, quality control and decommissioning. She/He closely interacts with the technicians
in the operations team for all these tasks.
The hardware engineer is also
strongly connected to the applications and R&D teams to deliver
state-of-the-art application solutions to the R&D programs in imec.
What you will do
- Supporting the lab hardware lifecycle
- You support the purchase process of all lab hardware by doing market scans, making sure all technical requirements are met.
- You drive the hook-up of new wafer probers and lab instruments from delivery to acceptance test.
- You coordinate and verify all maintenance activities on hardware performed by internal and external technicians.
- You also execute certain hardware interventions yourself when urgent support is needed.
- You provide user support to all lab users by creating high quality training material and give hands-on trainings to newcomers.
- You define new and improve existing processes to verify the quality of the lab hardware.
- You closely collaborate with and coach the technical staff of the operations team.
- You will be the single point of contact for hardware suppliers and the R&D community in matters related to lab hardware.
- You actively look for opportunities to improve our operational processes.
- You take the lead (of a small project team) to execute projects (system hook-up, operational improvements).
- You follow trends in the semi-conductor industry and apply this knowledge in the organization.
- You assess the existing measurement hardware landscape and help build the future test roadmap.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. In everything we do, your future colleagues are guided by the imec values of passion, excellence, connectedness, and integrity. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process, not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- The ideal candidate obtained a degree in Engineering (preferably Electronics) or has 5+ years of experience in the electronics or semi-conductor industry.
- Experience with automated test systems (ATE systems) and/or lab instruments and/or wafer probers is a plus.
- Sharing and absorbing technical knowledge is natural for you.
- You have proven experience of writing technical documentation, e.g. user manuals, training material.
- You are a problem solver who thinks in terms of solutions. You can easily switch from a more strategic approach to a pragmatic approach and act upon it.
- You are a good communicator: you listen actively; you build bridges where needed and are customer focused. You communicate clearly and effectively.
- You are a team player: you share your technical expertise with your colleagues, you can coach and guide others, you actively contribute to achieving common goals.
- You are comfortable in the MS Office suite and have basic data analysis skills.
- You can communicate fluently in English.