Head of Strategic Partnership, Health and Life sciences
At imec, we shape the future.
Imec is the world-leading R&D and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technology. As a trusted partner for companies, startups and academia, we bring together brilliant minds from all over the world in a creative and stimulating environment. We are accelerating progress towards a connected, sustainable future by leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of diverse partners across various industries.
Imec is looking for a seasoned and result-driven leader to grow and lead US strategic health and life sciences partnerships in North America. This leader will work closely with the VP of strategic partnership in the US and all members of the executive team at HQ (Leuven, Belgium)
Location: Bay Area, CA.
What you will do
Specific responsibilities for this role will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage North America strategic partnerships focused on client satisfaction while driving revenue growth
- Create a clear business plan that allows the company to exceed business targets and scale
- Build a high-functioning team; Lead, mentor, and develop a strong team of strategic partners for the health and life science function in NA
- Leverage your C- level networking to establish strategic alliances and business opportunities with health and life science industry partners, mainly pharma companies such as; Pfizer, Janssen, Novartis, AbbVie, etc
- Refine and lead the business strategy and sales-focused activities, including identifying key target customers and stakeholders at relevant companies, such as Pharmaceutical, biotech, medical devices companies, and more
- Translate technical and business needs of customers into a fit with imec’s business model, technology, and expertise
- As part of the team, manage sales pursuits and the sales pipeline, help the account team in identifying, qualifying, and closing sales leads, and coordinate the utilization of all account management methodology and business development tools
- Drive discussion with partners from discovery to business opportunity
- Identify risks and key stakeholders while understanding companies’ decision-making structure and processes
- Structure and negotiate complex agreements with partners by working closely with diverse imec teams, including the executive team, CTO office, intellectual property, legal, and engineering groups.
- Understand different business models from R&D partnership to venture
- Bring your relentless drive and ambition for excellence to assess and define the key value conferences where you can attend and present to C-level potential partners and essential contacts.
- Collaborate with senior leadership, CTO office, and other business teams at Imec to define strategic requirements and addressable markets for partnership opportunities, determine capability or operational fit with our existing strategy, and develop and manage partnership targets.
- Establish, enhance and maintain deep, collaborative relationships with existing and target accounts to maintain the value of existing and possible new partnerships.
- This is a remote role with strong collaboration with Imec HQ.
What we do for you
At Imec, we offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology. With your talent, passion, and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment, with ample possibilities to take the initiative and show responsibility.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong in aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
Who you are
- 10+ years of experience in a relevant role involving people management, business strategy, research, and cross-team alignment.
- Advanced degree (MBA, Ph.D.) or equivalent experience required.
- Strong exec presence and the ability to quickly establish credibility and trust with senior business leaders as well as internal partners.
- Dynamic, empathetic, and flexible in communication and work styles depending on context and in multicultural teams and engagements.
- A deep understanding of the health and life science industry and an extensive network are required.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills with an emphasis on data-driven storytelling and presentation skills.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and urgent deadlines simultaneously.
- Self-starter with the ability to navigate a sophisticated organization to drive projects from idea to execution fast.
- A highly organized and upbeat leader with a passion for developing people.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, fast-growing, constantly evolving environment.
- High energy, personable, innovative, and wildly creative - with the execution skills to make it all count.
- Proven track record of building positive working relationships across multiple departments and functions. Highly collaborative.
- Understands and embraces the importance of both internal and external personal relationships; able to develop positive relationships with customers and partners and across all functions and levels internally.
- Embraces creativity with a data-driven approach.
- Impeccable work ethic, humble but confident
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 30%