I-Learn Technical Project Manager
The I-Learn Program
Tailor-made learning is the international trend for future education. Imec leads the I-Learn program that aims to implement qualitative and sustainable digital solutions, for personalized learning in the Flemish educational system.
How will we facilitate that? By creating a digital portal with digital applications for personalized learning and making it easily available for all Flemish schools and teachers. Off course training and coaching for teachers to use these applications, will be part of the program.
Our partners for this program: KU Leuven, Ugent and RVO Society, in close cooperation with the Flemish Government. We are looking for a Project Manager who likes to work with different stakeholders in different formations. A seasoned ICT expert who knows how to setup and lead ICT projects in an educational context, with many subcontractors and who ensures that all developed tools work seamlessly together in a user friendly and safe way.
What you will do
You will be responsible for the tendering and technical roll-out of didactical tools in the I-Learn program. I-Learn will make a portal available to all schools via which commercial and non-profit educational tools will become accessible to students and teachers that support differentiated learning for primary and secondary education.
Your primary tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that the required technical needs (e.g. single sign on, access rights to data, interoperability requirements, needed APIs, cross-platform support, end-user helpdesk, version control, data backup, …) are unambiguously described in the tender documents
- Verify the tender submissions and check their conformity with respect to the requirements specified in the tender
- Manage the roll-out of the project: on time, within budget, with requested quality
- Negotiate solutions for problems as they appear
- Organize end-user support
- Resolve conflicts between technical providers
- Quality assurance (ex. set objectives and measures upon which the work packages will be evaluated)
- Delivery assurance, on time, within budget and scope
You will report to the overall program manager of the I-Learn program.
What we do for you
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
Education, Experience and Technical Competencies
- Master’s degree or equivalent in ICT.
- Proven relevant experience in managing complex ICT projects from conception till operation.
- Experience in educational technology and the technical challenges related to deploying multiple software tools via a single sign on portal to a multitude of “consumer devices” running different operating systems, having different screen sizes, etc.
- Process & quality driven problem solver: Manages multiple priorities with a proactive “can do” attitude.
- Excellent team player: Shares knowledge and technical information with comfort and clarity.
- Stakeholder-driven and customer focused: Encourages a highly collaborative team environment and actively engages with all major stakeholders. Builds bridges.
- Result & timeline oriented: Drives projects to closure and manages many simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment.