Functional Analyst FAB - Shaping the future
FAB MES+ at imec
You will be part of the Fab MES+ team, which belongs to the ICT applications group. This team focuses on the development, maintenance and support of software which is used in the different imec Fab cleanrooms to support the production process.
The central component in the solution architecture is Fab300, a widely used MES (Manufacturing Execution System) within the semiconductor industry. Besides this, Uniface is used for experiment definition and SAS for reporting. Several other applications and components around the MES core, make up the complete MES+ landscape.
Recently, the Fab MES+ team started the ambitious oneFab program. Main goals are to move to a modern main stream technology (Microsoft .net based), a more uniform architecture, and a better user experience.
For the oneFab program, imec has a strategic partnership with a Portuguese company which is doing the main development. You will be working closely with the Portuguese team in different projects within the oneFab program.
What you will do
- As a functional analyst, you will translate requirements from the Fab business units into designs and functional solutions which will be integrated in oneFab. You will investigate existing solutions and business processes and make proposals for improvements.
- Further, you will play an important role in the test cycles, the validation of the development work, the technical architecture and the internal and external coordination and communication.
- In the future, you will also be involved in the third line support and maintenance of the environment.
- For this long-term position, you will be given ample time to build-up knowledge about the semi-conductor Fab eco-system, the existing MES+ systems and the oneFab system.
- As part of your training, to better understand the underlying mechanisms, you will be involved in the development related to a specific domain. In the first months, you will also do some internship within the Fab business units to observe and learn their internal processes and challenges.
What we do for you
- We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
- We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
- We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You obtained a bachelor’s degree in ICT or a master’s degree in industrial engineering sciences.
- A first experience in ICT application engineering is a plus. Although starters or young graduates are very welcome to apply as well.
- A passion for software development and an eagerness to learn are required.
- You feel comfortable in a complex and demanding environment.
- You have no problem to follow the ICT governance processes and templates.
- You are a communication superstar who enjoys collaborating with internal ICT-colleagues as well as with external development resources.
- You are fluent in both Dutch and English.