ICT Infrastructure Engineer Linux
What you will do
We’re looking for an experienced Linux system engineer to strengthen the management of imec’s large and growing Linux environment. This environment is mainly used for running technical/scientific software, by hundreds of scientists and engineers within imec.
Together with your colleagues of the infrastructure team, you will:
- Setup and manage servers, storage and other infrastructure components in imec’s data centers and public cloud extensions.
- Manage the Linux OS and the technical/scientific software stack on the servers.
- Monitor the health of the systems and respond to hardware and other issues.
- Work on continuously improving the availability, usability and performance of the systems.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You are a passionate system engineer, willing to help improve imec’s ever growing Linux environment, both from a hands-on and a conceptual level.
- You have extensive experience with Linux (preferentially Red Hat) system administration and network storage protocols (NFS and SMB).
- You preferably possess a Bachelor or higher degree in Computer Science or similar. Or you can demonstrate equivalent work experience and skill sets.
- You are a team player with good communications skills.
- You have a sense of initiative and creativity, allowing you to participate in proposing setup and process improvements.
- Knowledge of the following technologies and products are immediately applicable:
- Red Hat/Linux core technologies (ex. Bash scripting, SSH, systemd, Satellite, Ansible and others)
- NAS systems (ex. Dell/EMC Isilon, NetApp)
- Directory services and Identity: Active Directory and LDAP
- HPC/AI/ML: slurm workload manager, GPUs, Python, containers
- However, knowledge of and experience with other technologies and products in comparable environments is certainly valuable.
- Knowledge of Dutch is a definite plus.