ICT Network Architect
What you will do
As a network architect you will work closely together with the infrastructure and enterprise architect team to deliver high quality secure ICT network solutions that enable and meet our business requirements. You will define and maintain IMEC’s network strategy, while contributing to the overall ICT strategy.
- Define the medium- and long-term strategy of the network infrastructure and related services for imec headquarter and remote offices.
- The creation, maintenance and enforcement of imec’s network architecture principles, standards and guidelines (conceptual, logical and physical) including on-premise, hosted and cloud environments.
- Work across teams to develop strategy, design solutions, and advise implementation teams during implementation.
- Analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions and their framework.
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of general security around the network infrastructure and network services.
- Act as a senior engineer in projects and at very complex changes or incidents.
- Make a proactive contribution to the continuous improvement of the network.
- Be responsible for providing detailed documentation and focus on knowledge sharing with the engineers in the network team.
- Keep up with industry advancements, acting as a SME and provide recommendations to improve the company’s networks.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Network Architect/Senior Engineer in a large IT environment with company critical systems and networks.
- You have strong communication and presentation skills .
- You take ownership and can deconstruct complex problems and projects into execution detail.
- You have strong understanding of network and data center architecture and methodologies including cloud environments.
- You are passionate about networking and have a deep technical knowledge in the following areas:
- routing and switching (IP/MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, IS-IS, OSPF, VLANs and Spanning Tree, etc.)
- QoS mechanisms
- datacenter and campus network architectures (leaf-spine, core/distribution/access, overlay models)
- high-availability concepts (clustering, load-balancing and multi-site)
- firewalling technologies
- security concepts (reverse and forward proxies, IDS/IDP, WAF, NAC)
- VPN technologies (End-user and site-to-site)
- authentication and federation methods
- You have experiences with following technologies
- Cisco Nexus range, Catalyst range, ISE, Prime, ASA, Firepower, SDWAN, ACI, DNA, Umbrella, Stealth Watch, Tetration, Wireless networks, AnyConnect
- Palo Alto firewall
- Citrix NetScaler