ICT Project Manager – FAB MES & Automation
Currently, imec is replacing its legacy MES by a multi-year program called oneFab. During this migration, the legacy MES and the new oneFab MES are running in parallel. For the implementation, imec is working together with a Portuguese partner.
An important trajectory is the automation of tools. Production equipment in the Fab are interfaced to the MES (both to the legacy MES and to oneFab).
The automation trajectory is one of the main projects you will lead, as well as the MES legacy upgrade and oneFab related ‘side’ projects.
What you will do
The ICT Project Manager FAB MES & Automation is end-to-end responsible for the successful realization of the projects assigned to him/her in line with the project objectives, scope, budget & timeline as defined in the project charter.
To ensure successful delivery of the project, the ICT Project Manager coordinates and monitors all aspects of the project, including stakeholder- and change management, in line with the project methodology and deliverables as defined by imec.
In general, this means that you will:
- Define and maintain an up to date comprehensive committed project plan which identifies project deliverables, work breakdown structure & planning, resources, risks & dependencies.
- Coordinate, motivate, encourage, facilitate and support the project team members in achieving the project objectives.
- Manage/coordinate ICT Vendors (software, hardware & consultancy) who are involved in the project.
- Bring key elements for decision making to the steerco, indicating their impact and presenting potential alternatives.
- Manage and regularly report project progress, budget, risks & issues to the PMO manager & Program Manager , to whom you report.
- Ensure the project is executed in line with agreed standards & methodology (e.g. quality gating, testing release to production, ...)
- Ensure that the necessary change management actions are taken (communication, training, post go live support, ...)
- Ensure upon project delivery the knowledge transfer and handover to operations is done before closing the project.
- Be the single point of contact for the project for both internal and external customers.
More specific, you will:
- Work in close collaboration with the Program Manager
- Build up network within the Fab business unit with the tool automation responsibles
- Build up high-level knowledge of the automation scenarios for the different tool types
- Work with the Portuguese development team and dispatch and delegate question to the right imec colleagues.
- Review test plans and coordinate/follow-up testing
Follow-up roll-out to production
What we do for you
We offer you a challenging role in which you think and act strategically and in which you have a concrete impact on large programs within imec. This is your opportunity to work in an advanced high-tech environment, contributing to technologies that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society. At imec, we offer ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise.
Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a master’s degree, preferably in computer science or engineering.
- You have a technical background and are willing to learn the technical set-up.
- A solid background in production environments, preferably (semiconductor) MES implementations, is key.
- We value your extensive track record in project and change management, and project delivery. You have a background in project management methodologies, processes and techniques that you apply in a pragmatic way.
- You are able to work independently and in team. With your no-nonsense attitude, you coordinate your team to get the job done.
- Your strong data analytic skills enable you to interpret and make recommendations in terms of planning, budgeting, problem solving, etc.
- As an experienced Project Manager, you are a communication superstar, building strong relationships with stakeholders from different imec business units and with national/international suppliers.
- You have an open mind and a fluent knowledge of both Dutch and English.
- You feel comfortable in a complex and demanding environment.
- Experience with Office 365 applications (e.g. MS Teams, Power BI, SharePoint) and Azure DevOps are an important plus.