ICT Project Manager / Scrum Master
Currently, imec is running a large digital workplace program (DWP), addressing the further development of imec’s digital workplace hub (built on MS teams) and new Office 365 functionalities, as well as the replacement of the online webinar/streaming solution, meeting room video conferencing devices and visual information system (digital signage).
The ICT digital workplace team is looking for a profile of an agile project manager / scrum master to help to deliver the digital workplace initiatives successfully, in close collaboration with the program manager.
What you will do
The ICT project manager / scrum master facilitates the digital workplace team to become self-organized, focuses on delivery to commitment and is end-to-end responsible for the successful realization of the features/user stories of the sprint planning. On top, you will function as a digital workplace ambassador, supporting the digital workplace ambassador community by helping the team answering their questions.
This means that you will:
1. As a project manager:
- Define features/user stories and create/maintain an up to date comprehensive committed project plan which identifies project deliverables, work breakdown structure & planning, resources, risks & dependencies.
- Coordinate, motivate, encourage, facilitate and support the project team members in achieving the project objectives (including scope, budget & timeline)
- Manage/coordinate ICT vendors (software, hardware & consultancy) who are involved in the project.
- Ensure the required project governance is put in place and ensure project team meetings and steerco’s are organized regularly.
- Bring key elements for decision making to the DWP program manager, indicating their impact and presenting potential alternatives.
- Manage and regularly report project progress, budget, risks & issues.
- Ensure the project is executed in line with agreed standards & methodology
- Ensure that the necessary change management actions are taken (communication, training, post go live support, ...)
- Ensure upon project delivery the knowledge transfer and handover to operations is done before closing the project.
- Be - together with the program manager - the single point of contact for the project for both internal and external customers.
2. As a scrum master:
- Focus on delivery to commitment – follow up sprint planning
- Organize and facilitate team reviews, retro’s, planning & backlog refinement sessions, stand-up meetings, etc.
- Support the estimating process
- Understand the impediments faced by the team and help or coach the team to remove as much as possible
- Help the team towards high performing team dynamics, continuous flow and relentless improvement
- Work closely with the ICT backlog owner, program/project managers of the different teams.
- Continuously look for process improvements
3. As a digital ambassador:
- Help resolving ICT-related questions for the imec digital workplace (ambassador) community
- Support the team in organizing ambassador’s trainings / provide trainings yourself on certain topics/functionalities
- Help the team in updating the DWP end user help portal.
What we do for you
We offer you a challenging role in which you think and act strategically and in which you have a concrete impact on large programs within imec. This is your opportunity to work in an advanced high-tech environment, contributing to technologies that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society. At imec, we offer ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise.
Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a master’s degree, preferably in computer science or engineering.
- We value your extensive track record as a project manager and scrum master. You have a background in project management methodologies (e.g. PRINCE2 & SAFe), processes and techniques that you apply in a pragmatic way.
- You are a team player and with your no-nonsense attitude, a supportive leader, strong in people management and able to motivate team members.
- Your strong data analytic skills enable you to interpret and make recommendations in terms of planning, budgeting, problem solving, etc.
- You are a communication superstar, building strong relationships with all kind of stakeholders across imec.
- You are assertive yet diplomatic in supporting the team in setting priorities, challenging priorities, discussing delivery & deadlines when needed.
- You have an open mind and a fluent knowledge of both Dutch and English.
- You feel comfortable in a complex and demanding environment.
- You have a solid background in Office 365 - in particular SharePoint & MS Teams - and Azure DevOps (scrum planning). Knowledge of PowerApps from a user perspective is a plus.