As part of a project with an Australian incubator (linked to a university in Melbourne), we are looking for students to do market research for one or more Australian scaleup(s). You will carry out a feasibility study for an Australian technology startup that already has the necessary traction in Austrailë and wants to grow further. The startup(s) would like to know from you if their technological innovation can be marketed in Belgium (and a later phase in Europe).
Such a feasibility study means that the student conducts an investigation into the market / sector in which the Australian tech scaleup is active.
- How big is that market in Flanders / Belgium / Europe?
- Who are the players in that market (potential partners, competitors)?
- What about pricing and regulation?
In short, you will take into account all the elements needed for the Australian tech startup to make an informed decision on whether the Belgium/EU market offers them valuable opportunities. Furthermore, it would be interesting if you can also provide first insights on how to approach the market.
We are looking for students that can start preferably in September. The Australian scaleups will not be selected until the end of August / early September. In this first phase (Q4 2020) the scaleup (s) will not travel to Flanders yet, so all communication will take place online. In a 2nd phase, in Q1 2021, two to three Australian tech scaleups will follow a physical program in Belgium.
What's in it for you?
Be part of imec.istart, a young team full of motivated people. You will have an exciting internship experience in the dynamic environment on the fourth floor at the Krook in Ghent.
- This internship offers the intern the opportunity to get in touch with international technology scaleups and the local ecosystem.
- We will open up our network to provide the necessary guidance, experts and support for carrying out this feasibility study.
- You will be coached and supervised by Lies Boghaert, our imec.istart internationalisation officer.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.