imec.link Business Development Manager
Imec.link helps customers to design, prototype and develop digital and nano-tech innovation. We are the link to the expertise from IMEC’s researchers, leveraging their knowledge into an end-to-end innovation service offering starting from the chip level, through the PCB level and all the way to the business applications and turn-key solutions. Imec.link provides its customers with specialized technical solutions for the design of new and innovative products and services, including software prototyping, test-driven end-user experience and business model development but also design, prototyping and industrialization of smart electronic products and systems. We take a clients’ idea from the ideation phase up to mass production.
What you will do
- You will build and manage a portfolio of customers in need of imec services.
- Thanks to your knowledge of the innovative product design cycle and its components, you are able to propose solutions to our customers.
- You leverage your strong points in your current background (Software prototyping, User experience design, Business modeling), in building comprehensive solutions for your client’s challenges.
- You prepare quotations to customers according to their needs and imec’s offer and you negotiate and finalize contracts.
- You regularly provide forecasts for and updates of the business’ pipeline. You provide input in optimizing sales funnel management along with your colleagues.
- You advise the management regarding actions and (strategic) decisions, and assist in building a go-to-market strategy, in close collaboration with the program manager/director.
- You represent imec at external fairs and exhibitions where design houses, universities, software developers and customers meet.
What we do for you
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
You have a Master’s degree (preferably in computer sciences) with a firm background in business development and sales. You have preferably worked in innovative product and service development for several years of your previous career. Knowledge of Internet-of-Things, Augmented and Virtual reality technology is an asset as well as an insight in agile project management techniques.
You are a strong communicator, very customer-oriented and diplomatic. You are a great networker, a born listener, and you understand our customers inside out. You are able to extend your internal and external networks and to talk and confer on technical, legal and business related matters. A relevant existing network is a plus. You can adequately judge risks, problem situations and opportunities, recognize priorities and act accordingly flexibly. You do not mind traveling, mostly within Europe (EMEA). You are fluent in English and master Dutch on a native speaker level; other languages are an asset.