Industrial Designer– OnePlanet Research Center
In 2050 we are expected to live with 10 billion people
on this planet. To let all those people live and eat well, while they take care
of our planet, we need groundbreaking, sustainable (technology) solutions.
That’s why we, at OnePlanet Research Center, are questioning
What if we can measure and understand what is good for the world and for each individual person? In terms of food and agriculture, in terms of health?
What if we can empower people towards more sustainable choices?
What if we can make data-driven nutrition and health possible?
What if we can manage stress to make people more resilient?
What if we can monitor the health of plants and animals?
What if we develop technology which does not adversely affect our environment, but which supports it?
What if we can transform the mass production of food into personalized food on demand?
What if …?!
At OnePlanet Research Center we don’t just imagine it. We work on it. We dream ánd do. We research and develop digital technology in food, agriculture and health domains achieving behavior change. Change that is needed to create a healthier future, for our planet and for humanity.
OnePlanet Research Center
Innovation center for chip and digital technology in food and health
OnePlanet Research Center is a multidisciplinary collaboration agreement between Wageningen University & Research (WUR), Radboud University, Radboudumc and imec. We use the latest chip and digital technology to create a society in which everyone can live a healthy life and has access to good and sufficient food.
We initiate groundbreaking, fundamental and applied research, groundbreaking innovations and smart product development. This is only possible by using and bringing together great ideas, innovations and chip and digital technologies from different disciplines and work closely together with industry.
We ensure that companies, education, researchers, social institutions and citizens work together. We combine specialisms from the fields of agriculture, food, and health and turn dreams into feasible solutions that contribute to a more sustainable society.
What you will do
We need you as an Industrial Designer to be part of our interdisciplinary team to:
- Generate creative, innovative and aesthetic concepts and designs based on product specifications, conceptual thinking, and product research.
- Develop & prototype 3D models of the designs.
- Prepare and execute Product demos with internal and external stakeholders.
- Make decisions on the use of materials and the look and feel of the prototype or model.
- Investigate boundary conditions for designs at system level, for example volume constraints.
- Convert the design into production files.
- Build and assemble models and prototypes using diverse manufacturing techniques, such as 3D printing, CNC machining, and injection molding.
- Present and promote the prototype or model to various stakeholders using Demo Setups and other presentation techniques.
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international environment at the forefront of technology, in an international network of renowned industrial customers. This is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the market that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
OnePlanet Research Center is a multidisciplinary collaboration agreement between Wageningen University & Research (WUR), Radboud University, Radboudumc and imec. Imec The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer-paid pension plan and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of training possibilities.
At the same time, OnePlanet is a new collaboration of 3 renowned and globally respected research institutes/universities. By joining the OnePlanet team, you will be part of a team of world changers; disruptive innovators and practical thinkers. Here, your ideas will have an impact on our future lives.
Who you are
We are looking for a highly motivated person with the following assets:
- Master’s degree in Industrial Product Design, Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in design- and product development preferably in the biomedical domain.
- Experience with the design of mechanical constructions in plastic and/or metal. For example material characteristics, IP-rated design, design for reliability.
- Knowledge of common production techniques such as 3D printing, CNC machining, injection molding is a must.
- Basic knowledge of electronics is a plus.
- Knowledge of Solidworks or Siemens NX is a must.
- Knowledge of 3D modelling software like Solidworks or Siemens NX is a must.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or similar programs.
- Knowledge of Design for Manufacturing (DFM).
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Dutch are a must.
InterestedAre you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it, then you can talk to Frank Wolfs, Talent Acquisition Lead OnePlanet Research Center. You can reach Frank via +31(0)6-50837563.
Click on ‘apply’ to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.