Process Integration Engineer with research mindset
What you will do
You will be working in imec’s Sensor Components Process Integration (SCPI) group as process integration engineer. In collaboration with the design and/or device teams, you will develop and implement novel process flows on 200- and 300-mm wafer fabrication platforms. You will also work closely with unit step development engineers to create new process modules, that will add into your process flow. Technology qualification, developments, and transfers of existing silicon technologies to a mass manufacturing foundry partner will also require your involvement.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Realize and characterize new process ideas/concepts on wafers.
- Execute process experiments to develop new process steps, modules, follow up lots to achieve functional prototypes.
- Coordinate process unit and process module development though working closely unit with the process development engineers.
- Design statistical experiments and analyse in line / end of line metrology and characterization data to select optimal process steps and conditions.
- Interpret electrical/optical characterization and reliability data and use it for continual process improvements.
- Work according to agreed customer timelines and keep track and report on project progress internally and to the customers.
- Manage time effectively and prioritize to achieve major milestones.
- Communicate and interact effectively with the other groups within imec, eg. application groups and fab operations
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a master’s degree with process integration experience or a PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Materials Engineering, or a related technical field.
- You have experience or a deep understanding of semiconductor process technology and process flow integration in R&D context.
- You have a good understanding of / experience in non-CMOS technologies such as photonics and detectors.
- You show excellent communication and reporting skills as you will be required to interface with internal and external customers.
- You can take initiative and work independently, while being part of a team.
- You show proven problem-solving skills and have a pro- active attitude.
- You can critically evaluate data and is data driven in your decision making.
- You show a hands-on approach (in our cleanroom) with excellent engineering skills and a personal drive to achieve project goals.
- You show perseverance and assertive communication skills, while keeping a constructive attitude
- You have good organizational skills and show flexibility to change between different projects and tasks according to changing priorities.
- Since you will be working in a highly international environment and will be maintaining a good contact with colleagues and co-workers from all over the world, fluency in English is essential.