Intern, High Speed Analog Circuit Design
What you will do
Imec USA is looking for a graduate level high speed analog integrated circuit design intern for an extremely high data rate wireline communication project. In this role you will be responsible for architecture and design of next generation analog front-end circuits for 100Gb/s plus wireline communication systems.
Your responsibilities include:
- Design, simulation and layout of extremely challenging low noise, high speed, high linearity, low power analog front-end circuits such as transimpedance amplifiers, analog equalizers and CDR circuits.
- Explore various circuit architectures and propose novel architecture and circuit solutions to break traditional limits and achieve state of art performance in terms of power, linearity, and bandwidth etc.
- Ideally, your novel solutions lead to patents and publications in top conferences and journals.
What we do for you
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join an ambitious organization, with challenges there for the taking. This internship offers you the opportunity to work at imec, a globally recognized leader in high frequency electronics design. You will have an assigned mentor to guide you through this highly valuable, hands on learning experience. You will work with top researchers from imec and from our industry partners. We are a not for profit research institution where you can work across a variety of projects and topics. We work close to industry, so your expertise and efforts often convert to solutions that are widely utilized and make positive impacts in the world. Our progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field.
Who you are
- Currently enrolled in or a recent graduate from a relevant Master’s or PhD program, such as Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Physics, at a top US university with well known programs in analog/RF mixed signal integrated circuit design
- Experienced in design of analog/RF mixed signal integrated circuit design
- Strong fundamental knowledge in analog, mixed signal circuit design
- Strong knowledge of fundamental trade offs between speed, bandwidth, linearity, and power consumption
- Well versed with industry standard CADENCE circuit simulation and layout verification tools
- Have completed at-least one full IC design cycle from specification, design, layout to tape out
- Experienced with Linux workstation environment
- Experienced working in R&D environments with successful publications, patents or both is preferred
- Can present your research effectively at conferences and in other technical forums
- Highly motivated to work in a research environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a multidisciplinary team