Junior Chemistry Technician - OnePlanet Research Center
What you will do
We need you as a Junior Chemistry
Technician to be part of our interdisciplinary team to contribute to the technology
that will define tomorrow's society. In this role, you will be responsible for
the coordination of laboratory tasks and assisting senior researchers and
students, who are part of the electrochemical and optical teams, in their
activities and experiments.
Other tasks will include:
- Day-to-day administration and coordination of laboratory activities, (e.g. re-stocking reagents and gas canisters, instrument calibration, ordering of consumables and equipment…).
- Responsible for the replacement of materials and contact suppliers when needed.
- Keep all the activity of the lab functional and supervise the correct performance of the systems and the maintenance of machines.
- Ensure safety and health practices.
- Conduct experiments yourself (e.g. sensor characterization, lab set-up, etc) and preparing solutions and aliquoting of reagents.
- Provide laboratory induction training to new employees and students.
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and
international environment at the forefront of technology, in an international
network of renowned industrial customers. This is your opportunity to bring new
technologies to the market that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
OnePlanet Research Center is a multidisciplinary
collaboration agreement between Wageningen
University & Research (WUR), Radboud
University, Radboudumc and imec. Imec The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers
you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer
paid pension plan and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a
wide range of training possibilities.
At the same time OnePlanet is a new collaboration of 3
renowned and globally respected research institutes/universities. By joining the OnePlanet team, you
will be part of a team of world changers; disruptive innovators and practical
thinkers. Here, your ideas will have an impact on our future lives.
Who you are
- You hold an HBO (bachelor) or technical degree in chemistry or chemical engineering.
- Good understanding and hands-on experience with Good Laboratory Practice.
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch is a must.
- Given the international character of OnePlanet, a good knowledge of English is also a must.
- You are a quick learner and interested in acquiring new competences.
- Good interaction and organizational skills, accurate, eager and open attitude are attributes which define yourself.
- Hands-on attitude; which means taking initiatives, having a flexible approach and solving problems on a daily base.
- You are highly motivated to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
Are you interested in this position and do you want to
learn more about it, then you can connect with Ana Crehuet, Talent Acquisition
specialist. You can reach Ana at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to apply,
then please submit your full resume and a cover letter.
Click on ‘apply’ to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.