Junior R&D Simulation/Software Engineer for Advanced Photovoltaic Simulations
What you will do
Imec’s PV department is an internationally recognized research group thanks to its experts and world-class technology labs. Swiftly growing deployment of renewable energy sources and photovoltaics in the electrical grid requires high-precision and next generation simulation tools to design and monitor the operation of various types of PV systems. Imec’s unique PV energy yield simulation approach relies on its own, patented physics-based simulation framework. This framework allowed us to reach record precision for novel module and system technologies, even in daily energy yield prediction, in highly varying real-life conditions. As our PV system simulation research progresses, our framework is constantly being extended by new features and capabilities. The sustainable development of our tool requires an increasing software design, development, testing and maintenance effort. Therefore we need you.
As a junior R&D Simulation/Software Engineer you will be closely working with senior simulation researchers. Your responsibilities will include:
- Development of an efficient, integrated simulation software for the entire simulation framework and continuously improve its efficiency and usability.
- Implementing high performance computing techniques, optimize server use, develop and manage databases for system components and climate data.
- Supporting the development and software implementation of new algorithms.
- Showcase the developed software by performing energy yield simulations within demonstration projects and contribute to related technical reporting.
- Grow to main software responsible.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centres on its latest campus in Genk, EnergyVille and be part of the energy transition. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have an Electrical Engineering degree with software development experience or Computer Science degree with Electrical/Energy Engineering interest.
- You have development experience with the following languages: C++, C, Python, MATLAB and CAD design tools such as AutoCAD or CATIA.
- You have advanced knowledge of parallel computing, GPU computing.
- You are curious, flexible and able to deal with changes.
- You are a precise, methodical and detail-oriented person, and enjoy working in a team.
- You have a good command of English.