What you will do
We need you as a Laboratory
Technician to be part of our interdisciplinary team to contribute to the technology
that will define tomorrow's society. In this role, you will be working in a start-up
environment where lab research on a wide range of new sensor technologies is
taking place. You will be responsible for the organization and coordination of
laboratory operations as well as assisting (senior) researchers and students in
their activities and experiments.
Tasks will include:
- Coordinate laboratory activities and assist in setting-up new laboratory functionalities.
- Keep the activities of the lab functional and supervise the correct performance and maintenance of equipment and laboratory infrastructure.
- Take care of day-to-day operations including the re-stocking of reagents and gas canisters, instrument calibration, ordering of consumables and equipment, etc.
- Conduct experiments yourself (e.g. sensor characterization, lab set-up, etc) and prepare solutions and aliquoting of reagents.
- Drive the implementation of good practices in relation to Health, Safety and Environment.
- Provide laboratory induction training to new employees and students.
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and
international environment at the forefront of technology, in an international
network of renowned industrial customers. This is your opportunity to bring new
technologies to the market that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
OnePlanet Research Center is a multidisciplinary
collaboration agreement between Wageningen
University & Research (WUR), Radboud
University, Radboudumc and imec. Imec The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers
you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer
paid pension plan and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a
wide range of training possibilities.
At the same time OnePlanet is a new collaboration of 3
renowned and globally respected research institutes/universities. By joining the OnePlanet team, you
will be part of a team of world changers; disruptive innovators and practical
thinkers. Here, your ideas will have an impact on our future lives.
Who you are
- You hold an HBO (bachelor) degree in a relevant field (e.g. physics or chemical engineering).
- You have at least three years of working experience in a laboratory environment.
- Good understanding and experience with Good Laboratory Practice.
- Hands-on attitude; which means taking initiatives, having a flexible approach and solving problems on a daily base.
- You are a quick learner and interested in acquiring new competences.
- Excellent communication skills in English is a must and a good level of Dutch is highly appreciated.
- Good interaction and organizational skills, accurate, eager and open attitude are attributes that define yourself.
- You see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow and you can deal with ambiguity.
- You are highly motivated to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
Are you interested in this position and do you want to
learn more about it, then you can connect with Ana Crehuet, Talent Acquisition
specialist. You can reach Ana at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to apply,
then please submit your full resume and a cover letter.
Click on ‘apply’ to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.