Lead Engineer Test and Characterization
The teamThe META group is a key player in the Fab organization of imec, responsible for electrical test and chip assembly. The team delivers test applications and services to the R&D organization and contributes directly to the success of many research programs in imec. Your main role is to drive the team both on a technical and strategic level for all topics related to electrical test. Technically you support the team in delivering new test applications as well as improving existing ones. By closely following imec's research programs and industry trends, you actively contribute to designing the future test roadmap and strategy of the team.
What you will do
- Design and implement new wafer probe test routines for parametric characterization on ATE systems.
- Guide the software team in implementing test programs and help debugging them.
- Develop new and improve existing coverage for a broad scope of custom test applications (RF, memory, reliability, optical test , ...)
- Actively look for opportunities to improve our operational processes.
- Closely collaborate with and coach the technical staff of the META team.
- Function as technical partner for the R&D departments.
- Understand and translate technical requirements from imec's R&D programs into measurement application projects.
- Take the lead (of a small technical project team) to execute these projects.
- Engage with suppliers when new instruments are purchased, making sure all technical requirements are met.
- Follow trends in the semi-conductor industry and apply this knowledge in the organization.
- Assess the existing measurement hardware and software landscape and help build the future test roadmap.
What we do for you?
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are?
- You obtained a master's degree in Engineering (Electronics) or equivalent by relevant professional experience in electrical test and characterization.
- As a test engineer with over 5 years of experience, you have a good knowledge of semi-conductor devices and device characterization.
- Ideally, you have already worked as a technical lead engineer.
- You have good knowledge of measurement techniques and hardware, plus hands-on experience with Lab instruments.
- Experience with parametric test, automated test systems (ATE systems) and wafer probe card design are highly appreciated as well as experience with DFT, package assembly and qualification.
- Programming knowledge in a scripting language and data analysis experience is a definite plus.
- Sharing technical knowledge and coaching others are natural for you.
- You are a problem solver: you don’t think in problems, but in solutions. You can easily switch from a more strategic approach to a pragmatic approach and act upon it.
- You are a good communicator: you listen actively; you build bridges where needed and are customer focused. You communicate clearly and effectively.
- You are a team player: you share your technical expertise with your colleagues, you can coach and guide others, you actively contribute to achieving common goals.