Lead Software Architect
Would you like to become part of a start-up that is getting investors excited? Do you want to apply your know-how on working on a cutting-edge ultra-sound system, which combines advanced chip solutions and algorithms to enable a large area, wearable and flexible ultrasound patch? Would you like to become one of the first experts to join our team, with all the benefits in stock options and growth potential this brings? Look no further and apply with us today!
CarpatchIOT (working name) is a young start-up and a spin-off of imec and K.U.Leuven, two leading institutes in Leuven focused on advanced semi-conductor technologies and cutting edge medical imaging applications. CarpatchIOT is supported by Venture Capitalists, with the aim to develop a novel ultra-sound monitor for emergency settings in hospitals.
CarpatchIOT is located in Leuven, a dynamic and vibrant city at the heart Belgium, close to Brussels. It has a strong presence of high-tech companies & start-ups and hosts imec, one of the world’s leading independent research organization in semiconductor technology. People in Leuven are easy going and converse fluently in English, be it on the workplace, in daily encounters or in stores.
Why chose us? We offer:
- An attractive and competitive salary according to local standards
- Stock options in an exciting young start-up
- Excellent growth opportunities and a key role in the venture
What you will do
As the Lead Software Architect, you will be in charge of developing the software architecture for controlling the ultra-sound chip. In particular, you will help to develop the scheme for scanning the array, through simulation and testing. You will develop beam-forming strategies and algorithms for achieving a good quality image given the specificities of the novel ultra-sound chip. You will prototype the algorithms and help to implement them in hardware (FPGA) in collaboration with the system architect. You will help to implement a medically certified software platform and will implement your algorithms in such a platform.
You are responsible for:
- Developing beam forming algorithms and smart control algorithms for the ultra-sound chip
- Prototype these algorithms in a software platform
- Interaction with the system architect to implement your algorithms on an FPGA
- Develop in a medically certified software platform
- Implementation of your algorithms in a real system and correlated testing.
Who you are
The ideal candidate should have a strong experience in developing beam forming algorithms for ultrasound transducers.
- You have obtained a MSc or PhD degree with 5+ years of experience.
- Know-how of programming languages Matlab, Python, C, C++ are a must.
- You are familiar with beam forming algorithms and their implementation.
- Your experience with medical certified software platforms is a plus.
- You like taking initiative, you are persuasive and assertive, while keeping a constructive attitude and you are committed to achieve results fast but in a reliable way.
- You have a solid background in medical imaging and its applications.
- Your familiarity with machine learning is a bonus.
- You have experience in testing and implementing your algorithms in a system.
- Given the international context, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary.