Legal Counsel – OnePlanet Research Center
Innovating towards a healthier future with chip and digital technology in food and health.
In 2050 we are expected to live with 10 billion people on this planet. To let all those people live and eat well, while they take care of our planet, we need groundbreaking, sustainable (technology) solutions. That’s why we, at OnePlanet Research Center, are questioning ourselves:
What if we can measure and understand what
is good for the world and for each individual person? In terms of food and
agriculture, in terms of health?
What if we can empower people towards more sustainable choices?
What if we can make data-driven nutrition and health possible?
What if we can manage stress to make people more resilient?
What if we can monitor the health of plants and animals?
What if we develop technology which does not adversely affect our environment, but which supports it?
What if we can transform mass production of food into personalized food on demand?
What if …?
At OnePlanet Research Center we don’t just imagine it. We work on it. We dream ánd do. We research and develop digital technology in food, agriculture and health domains achieving behavior change. Change that is needed to create a healthier future, for our planet and for humanity.
OnePlanet Research Center
Innovation center for chip and digital technology in food and health
OnePlanet Research Center is a multidisciplinary collaboration agreement between Wageningen University & Research (WUR), Radboud University, Radboudumc and imec. We use the latest chip and digital technology to create a society in which everyone can live a healthy life and has access to good and sufficient food.
We initiate groundbreaking, fundamental
and applied research, groundbreaking innovations and smart product development.
This is only possible by using and bringing together great ideas, innovations
and chip and digital technologies from different disciplines and work closely
together with industry.
We ensure that companies, education, researchers, social institutions and citizens work together. We combine specialisms from the fields of agriculture, food and health and turn dreams into feasible solutions that contribute to a more sustainable society.
What you will do
We need you as a Legal Counsel to be part of our interdisciplinary team to:
review and negotiate a wide range of sales contracts and collaboration
agreements while safeguarding imec’s rights and obligations, within the
following business lines:
- OnePlanet: this Research Center in the province of Gelderland (with locations in Wageningen and Nijmegen) builds on a multidisciplinary collaboration between imec, Radboud University, Radboudumc and Wageningen University & Research. At the crossroads of the food, health, agriculture, environmental and high-tech industries, we work with a range of industrial partners to realize high-tech solutions with industrial potential. Our aim is to improve people’s quality of life as well as our environment.
- Connected Health Solutions and Internet of Things: imec business lines in the Holst Centre in Eindhoven where we develop wearable and implantable solutions for patient monitoring and chronic disease management as well as innovative solutions for massive, heterogeneous sensor networks to connect billions of devices together. imec is a reference in the design of ultra-low power electronics, low-power algorithms and data science.
- Interact with the legal teams of Wageningen University and Research, and Radboud University and Medical Center.
- Provide legal advice and acting as a reference for all sales-contract related questions.
- Interact with other teams which are essential in imec’s contract flow: Business Development, BD Operations, IP Business Intelligence, Technical Units and other legal colleagues.
- Keep up to date with applicable laws and regulations in the following domains: IP law, contract law, competition law, commercial law, etc. Including adopting the legal terms and conditions related to the funded R&D programs of different national and international organizations.
- Assist business and operations with ensuring regulatory and contractual compliance by identifying legal issues and providing legal solutions and policies.
- Cooperate with colleagues and participate in
initiatives to guarantee a uniform legal strategy for imec.
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international environment at the forefront of technology, in an international network of renowned industrial customers. This is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the market that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
Research Center is multidisciplinary collaboration agreement between Wageningen
University & Research (WUR), Radboud
University, Radboudumc and imec.
Imec The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive
compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer paid pension plan
and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of
At the same time OnePlanet is a new collaboration of 3 renowned and globally respected research institutes/universities. By joining the OnePlanet team, you will be part of a team of world changers; disruptive innovators and practical thinkers. Here, your ideas will have an impact on our future lives.
Who you are
We are looking for a highly motivated person with the following assets:
- Master in Law, with a minimum of 5 years experience in IP and contract law, preferably within an R&D environment, in particular also knowledge of Dutch law is required.
- You advise and write in a clear, concise and focused manner in Dutch and English.
- You are a diplomatic communicator with a solution-oriented mindset, who can make decisions autonomously.
- You can cope with a high work pace, handle deadlines and plan your work efficiently.
- You are a team player with a pro-active and constructive attitude.
- You have flexibility to travel between the different imec locations in Belgium and the Netherlands.
InterestedAre you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it, then you can talk to Frank Wolfs, Talent Acquisition Lead OnePlanet. You can reach Frank via +31(0)6-50837563.
Click on ‘apply’ to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.