Memory Designer / System Architect for advanced Memory
What you will do
- As a part of a world renowned team, you will be involved in the Research & Development of advanced technology solutions for Memories and Logic.
- Based on Design-Technology Co-Optimization (DTCO) framework and your understanding of the memory architecture and circuital functionality, you will interact with our cutting edge process engineering teams to drive the development of advanced solutions that can be combined with our emerging memories portfolio.
- You are also expected to contribute in the system level understanding of the novel devices that will drive their architecture optimization.
- Your responsibilities will include:
- Holistic analysis of critical bottlenecks of a Memory design
- Benchmark different circuital solutions to improve Memory design
- Close interaction with process teams of Memory to define the critical process points and solutions
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree or equivalent R&D attitude, with experience in Memory Design and/or architecture.
- We also value your experience in Non Volatile Memories (NVM) design or product development .
- Post Doc or relevant Industry experience is welcomed but not mandatory.
- You have extensive knowledge on requirements for a Memory device, either from a circuital perspective or from a system and architecture aspects. If you are familiar with only one of the two aspects between Design and System Architecture, you are willing to learn the basics of the other.
- You are familiar with circuit design simulation flows; you are able to define creative solutions to obtain a first level of approximation
- Our ideal candidate has also experience in all memory circuit block design and in memory compiler development; being experienced with major CAD tools including SPICE or Verilog is a plus
- We are looking for a results driven and flexible profile to meet stringent deadlines with quality output.
- You are a real team player, able to work in the diversified imec environment, with co-workers coming from all around the world. Therefore, proficiency in English is a must.